Principal Software Engineer - Flex
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help build the next generation contact center administration and setup platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Working with a variety of peers, including, but not limited to Flex and Twilio Architecture teams, across multiple regions on designing and implementing the full lifecycle management of Twilio Flex from setup to teardown with state management in between.
- Building and maintaining the services to manage the configuration state for Twilio Flex.
- Making sure Twilio Flex is able to proactively identify and quickly recover from incidents as fast as possible.
- Helping support and product to manage customer engagement through self-service interfaces.
- Pushing the technical standards of the teams involved with Twilio Flex Lifecycle management higher whilst maintaining a coaching mindset.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience with Go and/or Terraform.
- Experience with designing, building, maintaining and scaling backend services (preferably in Java).
- Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines; test-driven development and microservice architecture stacks.
- Strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours (with prior agreements in place).
- Understanding on how to build, secure and scale communications/messaging/chat/social networking/online gaming like applications
- Any experience with Docker or Kafka is a plus..
- Bachelors or Masters in Software Engineering or Systems or related technical fields or equivalent experience.
This role will be remote and based in India.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.