Field Marketing Director, ANZ
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our ANZ Director of Field Marketing
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a dynamic and motivated Marketing Director to lead our field marketing team in the region. Reporting to the VP, APJ Marketing, the right candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a very fast paced environment, willing to roll up their sleeves, and regularly works outside of their comfort zone.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work alongside the VP, APJ Marketing to set the ANZ field marketing strategy and priorities,
- Develop and execute comprehensive ANZ go-to-market (GTM) strategy that align with the company's overall objectives, driving demand and accelerating the sales pipeline for our B2B SaaS software products.
- Develop and manage field marketing programs to drive opportunity generation and pipeline acceleration including, but not limited to field marketing programs, joint field marketing events, digital events/activities, sales collateral, and outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with the corporate marketing organization to ensure the Twilio ANZ go-to-market strategy and messaging aligns with global and regional solution marketing programs.
- Develop strategic outbound campaigns and sales collateral to support integrated global/regional demand creation campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze marketing campaign performance, leveraging data-driven insights to optimize strategies and achieve measurable results.
- Establish a regular reporting & communications cadence with stakeholders on ANZ field marketing GTM efforts.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets, ensuring resource allocation aligns with strategic priorities and delivers a positive return on investment (ROI).
- Serve as a marketing business partner to the ANZ sales units by gathering sentiments and feedback from the field to communicate back to regional marketing teams.
- Establish and maintain optimal ways of working across the APJ marketing eco-system to ensure scalability and consistency.
- Align with peers in Campaigns, Digital, Product Marketing and SDR teams on a set of multi-channel go-to-market campaigns, enabling the regional team to create awareness and generate pipeline for the ANZ GTM.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on key ANZ owned or 3rd party events: Twilio Transform, our customer and developer conference, and Twilo Talk roadshows (both virtual and in-person), as well as industry events
- Interact extensively working cross-functionally with many teams across the organisation especially sales
- Mentor and lead a high-performing field marketing team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professional growth.
- Wear the customer's shoes. We believe our customers are our most important strategic asset and they need special care and attention. Twilio’s solutions are incredibly unique in the market—and there is no better way to show this than through the eyes and stories of the world’s best communications-centered customer experiences
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years experience in B2B field marketing roles including leadership and a track record of working directly with a sales organisation, ideally software/SaaS
- Proven track record of successfully designing and implementing ANZ GTM strategies for B2B SaaS products.
- Built inclusive teams, setting regional strategy and initiating creative and compelling campaigns and events, all while working cross-functionally across marketing and sales
- History of working in matrixed and virtual team environments covering functions such as PR/Communications, Events, Customer, Product Marketing, etc.
- An understanding of where customer content fits into marketing and sales funnels and cycles, and a “do what it takes” attitude
- Experience with account-based marketing, including working with sales to develop target account lists and account segmentation.
- A passion for pipeline creation and a metrics driven approach, experience working with Salesforce, Marekto and Tableau is beneficial
- Ability to analyze & interpret metrics around field marketing performance and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Authentic communication style and a talent for building trusting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
This role will be based in our Sydney office.
Approximately 30% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.