Technical Support Engineer 2 (Account Admin)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Engineer – Account Administration Support
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This role will be partnering with various product owners, product operations, technical support, customer success and sales teams at Twilio. This position is needed for delivering award-winning support to Twilio customers - this position is critical to supporting our customers. This role will be partnering with various technical support teams at Twilio, and will be customer facing. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, is able to process data quickly, conduct different research through internal platforms and has a sharp attention to detail.
This role reports to a Technical Support Manager. This position requires working in a shift. This position also includes rostering. Rosters will be of a 5-day work week.
As Technical Support Engineer - Account Administration, you will:
- Be an Owner and respond to inquiries related to Twilio systems, products and processes.
- Investigate product details, pricing and usage issues and communicate findings to customers.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize to triage and re-direct inquiries to specialty teams for additional support and answers.
- Understand the technical application of the Twilio suite of products and services.
- Draw the Owl to collect, document and collate feedback for continuous improvement and training.
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems with potentially costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Own customer communication and ticket handling during account administration related incidents.
- Collect, document and collate feedback for continuous improvement.
- Write it Down: identify and create documentation that Empower Others.
- Support the internal & external customers through all the different channels available (tickets, chat, phone calls).
- Troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex issues including technical components to ensure proper functionality.
- Mentor new hires and support the team with product questions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a professional who lives the Twilio Magic. You are passionate about delivering timely and accurate answers to Twilio teams that combine your strong customer service skills with your excellent technical aptitude. You empower others by providing answers and solutions for customer facing teams, including Sales, Customer Success and other internal Twilio teams.
You enjoy explaining sophisticated concepts in clear, easily understood ways that builds confidence. You will demonstrate strong technical competency, empathy, and professionalism in your interactions with coworkers via email, phone and chat.
You will function as the intake and triage for internal inquiries and provide guidance and direction to fellow Twilio team members. You will document interactions, track and identify trends to help improve product documentation, develop training, and availability and accessibility of knowledge content. You will develop a strong understanding of the technical components of the Twilio product suite and how those technologies are used by our customers.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with delivering customer support with phone/email/live chat.
- Strong interpersonal communication, research, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience delivering technical support is preferred.
- Experience with SFDC, Knowledge Base content, or ticketing systems is a plus.
- Experience working optimally in fast-paced environments with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Willingness to explore variety in daily work and an ability to make an impact in a short span of time.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with the ability to quickly ramp up on new products, new processes, new technologies, and evolving customer or business needs.
- Proficiency in English, B2 (for Latam applicants).
- Proficiency with database queries, Zendesk.
- Specify education, previous job experience, certifications, technical skills and soft skills required.
- SQL knowledge & proficiency validated through work experience.
- Portuguese/Japanese is a plus.
This position can be based in our RMZ Ecoworld, Bengaluru office.(No Travel Anticipated for this role.)
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.