Senior Director, GTM Finance
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Director, Go-To-Market Finance.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive operational excellence throughout the GTM finance function, from deal analysis to operating expenses for the Communications business.
Twilio is looking for an individual excited to bring their strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment. This will be a highly visible role, helping to optimize commercial decision-making, capital allocation, ROI, and reporting/analytics on core financial metrics. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring thoughtful analysis to drive decision-making in partnership with senior GTM leadership.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the Go-To-Market Finance team for our Communications business, supporting the Chief Revenue Officer of the Communications business.
- Be the primary business partner to the GTM leadership team; you will support them on key initiatives and be a strategic partner to this team, supporting the deal process from beginning to end.
- Own all reporting and analytics in support of our commercial finance processes, including supporting the development of modeling to support strategic initiatives.
- Partner with our Revenue Operations, Revenue Forecasting, and FP&A teams to provide insights and improve cross functional processes.
- Lead a team of 25+ who are located around the globe, and have some flexibility with working early or late hours to support the global team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years in Finance, including experience managing a team
- Sales Finance experience at a high-growth company that operates globally
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, working with regional sales teams, and conducting pricing analysis for deals
- The capability to build out, motivate, develop and lead a high-performing team
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Deep understanding of unit economics, commercial functions and process, and key measurement metrics
- Someone who is an independent thinker, doesn’t settle, strives for excellence, and fosters an environment of continuous learning and collaboration
- A customer oriented mindset
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $190,000 - $242,000
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $205,000 - $256,000
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.