Mid-Market Account Executive - Segment (PST)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Mid-Market Account Executive, on Twilio’s Segment Sales Team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our Segment Sales organization. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale.
Continuing to build out and grow our Mid-Market business is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. We bring incredible value to growth, mid-market and enterprise companies, and thrive on finding new use cases to optimize their customer engagement. With no vertical restraints, the sky's the limit to what we can accomplish. The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop and identify new revenue opportunities across Mid-Market accounts with experience and a passion for new logo acquisition, and experience in driving scaled motions around customer expansion.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive opportunities through the entire sales cycle from pipeline generation through to close and post-sales
- Employ a value-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data and marketing activation
- Build upon the growth & adoption of Segment in the Mid-Market business segment
- Own the cross functional team from Pre-Sales through to working with Customer Success
- Drive a pipeline generation cadence to develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base and land new target accounts
- Lead compelling presentations of Segment’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors leveraging Segment’s value-based sales methodology
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities on pre-committed revenue deals
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles (incl. Sales Development, Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product and Customer Success)
- Work closely with Twilio team members to drive company-wide deployments of Twilio/Segment use cases, but specifically responsible for the pre-committed ARR
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have 3+ years of quota carrying sales experience, selling to primarily to Mid-Market accounts
- Experience in a pipeline generation motion and a weekly metrics-based approach that measures key activity and pipeline adds
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- SaaS based sales experience
- Value based sales methodology in line with Force Management and MEDPICC
- Strong understanding of the Martech industry and the role of data in driving business decisions
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- Have excellent presence and proven track record to influence and sell at all levels, from individual contributors to C-Suite
- Possess strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of forecasting & pipeline management
- Cross selling experience in IT, Marketing, Data, Product, Analytics and Engineering
- Previous CDP or Martech sales experience
- Deep commercial expertise in structuring SaaS contracts
- Experience with data and how to leverage data to help business achieve their customer experience initiatives
This role will be remotely based in the West. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $103,700 - $129,600.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $115,200 - $144,000.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.