Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks.
Project Canary is a climate technology company that offers an enterprise emissions data platform that helps companies identify, measure, understand, and act to reduce emissions across the energy value chain. Our mission is to “Measure It” – leveraging sophisticated software solutions to help companies improve and report on their emissions footprint. We do this by building high-fidelity sensors, ingesting data from various other technologies and sources, characterizing the accuracy of such emissions data, and deploying advanced physics-based AI-powered models to identify leaks and quantify emissions.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
Project Canary’s & Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Assembly Technician to join our team in Hayward, CA.
As an Instrument Assembly Technician at Aeris, your role is to put together the electrical and mechanical building blocks of our laser-based gas analyzers. Those subassemblies are the foundation of each gas analyzer and must be assembled meticulously with the highest level of rigor. Consequently, this position requires an individual who can learn quickly the standard operating procedures, work autonomously and in an orderly fashion, and be a reliable member of the Aeris team. This position will have many opportunities for the individuals willing to grow with the company.
This position requires to work directly with scientists, engineers, and technicians in the development and production of present and new gas analyzers.
- Assembly of electrical and mechanical subsystems
- Use appropriate machines and tools to install, mount, fasten, align, and adjust parts and components to drawing/instruction specifications
- Able to operate power tools and drill press
- Apply quality control practices on all production work
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision
- Maintains work and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Be involved with trouble shooting, work with other team members on design refinements and improvements.
Education and experience:
- Ability to read mechanical part/assembly drawings
- Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Safe use of hand tools and small power tools
- Cable assembly experience (crimping, soldering, etc)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision after initial training
- Ability to perform component testing with technical checklists
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Associates degree or certificate in instrumentation/electrical engineering preferred
- Experience working for a small and high-pace manufacturing company preferred
- Inventory Tracking system experience preferred
- Fine motor skills for precision assemblies preferred
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by learning continuously, wearing multiple hats, and being a proactive member of the team
- Salary range: $65,000-$75,000 annual base
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with low deductibles and premiums paid by company 99% for self and 50% for dependents and/or spouse
- 401K with company match (no vesting period)
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Monthly Stipend – choice between parking, RTD, or wellness assistance
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.