GRFN - Database Engineer
Point Solutions Group
Point Solutions Group is part of a team providing Geospatial Intelligence software and systems engineering services to an Intelligence Customer in the Northern Virginia. The main goal of this initiative is to provide critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection FOSS/COTS platforms, with operational sustainability being at the forefront. We are looking for a Database Engineer to join our team. Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance in order to be considered for this position, and must be able to work on site at one of the Prime contractor’s facilities, either Herndon, VA or Valley Forge, PA.
The Database Engineer designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. They use data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. They determine data storage and optimum storage requirements. The Specialist prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Domain Knowledge with NGA/Intelligence Community (IC) Systems
- Experience in Oracle and Postgres RDBMS
- Experience with data modeling tools.
- Experience with Oracle Query Performance and Tuning.
- Ability to analyze data discrepancies and develop PL/SQL & SQL to correct discrepancies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
Desired Skills :
- Experience with Oracle Spatial, Materialized Views & Edition-based redefinition (EBR)
- Oracle 19c experience on a Linux platform – development perspective (database and application, pl/sql)
- Ability to analyze existing database schema DDL/instance layout and determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment.
- Ability to interact with Internal & External DBAs and help
- Experience with Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) design and architecture
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, design and best practices
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Facts, Dimensions, Aggregations and Partitioning approaches
- Experience with storage systems architectures and performance
- Familiar with database security practice and technologies
- Familiar with Oracle Label Security (OLS)