GRFN - Systems Engineer
Point Solutions Group
Join Point Solutions Group in delivering high level Software and Systems Engineering Solutions to IC Customers throughout the northern Virginia and DC areas! We are part of a team building a GEOINT data repository utilizing DevSecOps and Agile principles and are hiring a skilled Systems Engineer to join the effort. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI clearance and be able to support onsite at the Prime contractor's facility in Herndon, VA in order to be considered.
- Providing support to agile development practices including collaboration with stakeholders in definition of infrastructure, interfaces and user experience.
- Leading Epic and Feature decomposition working with the customer and users on the CONOP and implementation approach.
- Leading architectural and engineering design activities for the system.
- Participation in definition of requirements, technical trade and interface definition.
- Supporting technical content management including Roadmap development, Epic through Feature definition and program backlog prioritization.
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to design system architecture.
- Contribute to the development of system requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s).
- Contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Performing program system engineering to include impact assessment to RFCs and developing technical volume approach to RFC/ECPs.
- Using advanced systems engineering techniques and work in coordination with Systems Architects.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in a technical discipline related to computer science, software or engineering
- 5+ years of related systems experience preferably for IC customers relating to Geospatial missions
- Experience with creating and updating the engineering baseline documents (requirements, architecture, etc.) as required based on the system changes implemented for the release.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, make effective and timely decisions, solve problems, and facilitate organizational and procedural changes.
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain engineering CDRLs using Microsoft Office suite of products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with agile development and DevSecOps practices and associated tools (i.e., Version One, GIT/JIRA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Program development processes, Agile practices, GIMS architecture, DOORS, System Architect, DODAF and MagicDraw/Cameo.
- Expertise with writing/modifying Excel macros.
- Experience with support to COTS integration.
- Experience with cloud computing design and technologies.