SCOAA - Information System Security Engineer
Point Solutions Group
Point Solutions Group is part of a team providing development and operational support to a major intelligence contract in the Huntsville area. We are currently looking to hire a skilled Information System Security Engineer to provide high level security support to aid United States war fighting efforts. Candidates, in order to be considered for this opportunity must be able to maintain an active Top Secret / SCI Clearance and support on site work at the Prime contractor’s location in Huntsville, AL.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and reviews the Program Office’s cybersecurity program implementation plan and ensures compliance with DIA management policies.
- System admin duties include being responsible for configuring, controlling, maintaining, and operating the servers and other computer systems utilized.
- Coordinates their security related activities with the ISSO or PM, R-ISSM, and SCA to ensure security requirements are effectively implemented through the IS life cycle process.
- Assists with the execution of the ongoing continuous monitoring efforts and the provisioning of security metrics as established in the IS SSP.
- Ensures enhancements to existing systems provide equal or improved security features and safeguards.
- Develops and implements security designs for new or existing network system(s) and ensures that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address cyber security requirements and security controls identified during system categorization and control selection.
- Ensures security deficiencies identified during the security assessment have been mitigated and corrected or a risk acceptance obtained by the SRE/SAO, CISO, DCISO, AO, FAAO, or DAO.
- Moves the software through the deliver, deploy, operate, monitor, and feedback stages of the DevSecOps lifecycle.
- Works with the development and product management teams to help apply continuous deployment, security, operations, monitoring, and feedback.
- Maintains direct contact with the RMF process and the onsite ISSE support team and DIA/CIO Cyber Team.
- Provides updates and/or coordinates steps in the RMF process with the onsite ISSE support team and XACTA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 related certifications may be used in place of unrelated degree field.
- Miinimum of 4 to 7 years of work related experience.
- DoD 8570 IAM certification is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Top Secret clearance with immediate eligibility for DIA SCI w/poly required
- DoD 8570 IAM III certification preferred (CISM or CISSP)