Space III - Test and Evaluation Portfolio Manager
Point Solutions Group
Join Point Solutions Group in our effort to support USAF and USSF evolving space capabilities! We are seeking a Test and Evaluation Portfolio Manager for our team working on a program at STARCOM Headquarters in Downtown Colorado Springs. Candidates will need to be able to work on site and have an active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, execution, and reviewing of space systems tests & experiments.
- Provide input into the design, development, and execution of advanced test/experimentation programs and processes to conduct assessment of space systems.
- Review, edit, and improve test engineering documentation to include test plans, Test Information Sheets, Safety Packages, Data Analysis, Management Plans, Technical and Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test/Analysis Reports, as required.
- Review analysis on pre-test predictions, including those obtained through M&S, to design test events and profiles, define data collection requirements, and develop go/no-go criteria to meet test objectives.
- Collaborate with and support the test teams and products produced following their reviews of systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure the data management and analysis plan (DMAP) provides proper data collection for real-time and post-mission data processing, evaluation, and analysis to meet test/experimentation objectives.
- Review, improve, and support test teams with their data analysis requests, providing input regarding their requests for process data, data quality control reviews and anomaly resolutions, and their data analysis as per the data analysis plan.
- Evaluate and review simulation efforts to predict or evaluate system effectiveness or suitability under relevant operational conditions and scenarios.
- Provide oversight and assist test teams to ensure pre-test, during-test, and post-test execution activities, schedules, and resources are identified and available to meet customer specifications and performance expectations.
- Develop and maintain summary information capturing all major test and evaluation activities and resource requirements across STARCOM T&E portfolio,
- Identify and deconflict scheduling and resourcing concerns, where necessary
- Review and improve Test Reports/Presentations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- 10 years of test project management (test manager or test analyst)
- Experience with multiple (5+) space systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of demonstrated systems engineering and program/portfolio management experience with space, ground, operations, and sustainment segments of DoD
- A detailed understanding of test, evaluation and experimentation functions and how they relate to space operations at the tactical level, or of operations such as exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, such as space flag and other related war gaming events.
- Comfortable with methodologies including modeling and simulation, laboratory testing, open-air testing, and live-fire testing and supporting skills such as modeling and simulation, system decomposition, design of experiments and response surface methodologies, regression testing, and validation of models and simulations.
- Team mentality to provide integrated engineering/analysis support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, disciplined test execution, and collaborative authorship of post flight reports.
- Willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customer requirements and needs.
- Aptitude and patience to process and analyze complex system test/experimentation data.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Space-related data communications, EO/IR/RF Sensors, Space system Architectures, Space Battle Management and Control
- Experience with portfolio and/or project management
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- PMP certification
- Space Weapons officer (W13S/13S), with understanding of joint operations environment, and/or Offensive/Defensive space tactics.
- Experience within the DoD or as a Defense Contractor working in test and evaluation.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics.
- DoD Acquisition Professional Development (ADPD) Test and Evaluation Level 3 certification.
- Space operations and/or orbital mechanics
- Statistical techniques for approaching complex problems with large amounts of data
- Application of analytical and operations research techniques and supporting skills such as database query languages, design of experiment and response surface methodologies, scripting language programming, and development of appropriate models and simulations
Salary ranges from $110,000 to $155,000 depending on relevant experience and qualifications