Bobcat - System Administrator
Point Solutions Group
Point Solutions Group is part of a software/systems engineering team supporting a long-term Intelligence program out of the Springfield, VA area. Our team is responsible for the consolidation and modernization of several legacy communications and data management platforms utilized by an IC customer. We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team managing the technical environment our developers and systems engineers are working on and building. Ideally candidates will have an eclectic technical background in Microsoft and/or Linux operating systems, virtualized environments with VMware and cloud technologies, as well as being located near the Springfield, VA area. Active TS/SCI with adjudicated FSP required prior to start.
• Responsible for the enterprise-level engineering of Windows and Linux severs and machines. Install, configure, manage, troubleshooting, etc.
• Writes scripts to automate complex administration procedures using VBScript, PowerShell, etc.
• Utilizes enterprise management software tools such as Microsoft System Management Server and Windows Server Update Services
• Maintains VMware ESX servers using VirtualCenter and VMotion
• Administers high-availability server clusters running Veritas Storage Foundation HA and Microsoft Clustering
• Manages complex DNS infrastructure using Windows DHCP servers
• Maintains large Windows and Linux terminal server farms supporting
• Implements and modifies complex Active Directory Group Policy Objects
• Maintaining test, development and production environments.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
Required Skills and Experience:
• Active TS/SCI Clearance with adjudicated FSP required prior to start.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline (5 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree)
• 5+ years of experience managing DoD or IC IT environments
• Hands on experience with physical Windows and Linux servers
• Experience with current virtualization technologies: VMware (preferred), Hyper-V, etc.
• Cloud experience highly desired, preferably on AWS or Azure
• Experience with shared storage technologies (SAN, FC, NFS, etc.)
• Experience with Standard and distributed virtual networking (firewalls, switches) highly preferred
• Familiarity with Cyber Security concepts and solutions
• Security + Certification or ability to receive one within 6 months of employment