Associate Engineer SIEM I On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
This role requires the ability to develop skills on multiple security products and work closely with the staff of higher tiers, service delivery, and clients to provide ongoing communication of status and timely responses to MSS service tickets.
How you’ll make an impact
- Work with staff of higher tiers to establish procedures for task handling, initial troubleshooting and escalation to customer, partners, and internal staff.
- Receive and acknowledge customer tickets, obtain clarification if needed and assign to the appropriate service tier.
- Post regular updates to tickets per SLA requirements using procedural guidelines.
- Follow established procedures and policies to manage client requests.
- Acquire vendor certifications to better assist clients with level 1 SIEM engineering activities.
- Participate in knowledge sharing and training to improve procedures across various internal teams.
- Decode error messages and assist in providing corrective action on various SIEM platforms.
- Provide availability for support over the phone for clients for initial triage.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of best security practices
- Entry-level problem solving skills
- Experience using an ITSM for ticket management
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience required
- Shift flexibility, including weekends and the ability to provide on call support when needed.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Networking knowledge including a basic understanding of architecture and security practices
- At least one of the following: Net+, SEC+, CYSA+, or equivalent
- Work Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Work Experience with Windows Server operating systems
- Associate degree or Equivalent experience required
- Work experience with various IT platforms.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to learn and quickly become proficient with a vast number of technologies, providing both support and troubleshooting services in a professional and authoritative manner.
- Technical Writing: Writing documentation tasks, procedures, and knowledgebase articles needed to support the understanding and efficiency of MSS.
- Consultative Approach: Able to determine client needs and obtain clarification as required to properly triage client requests to the appropriate resource.
- Technology Evangelizer: Proactively researches and assess security technology; explores new innovations; early tester of new and emerging technologies.
- Analytical Proficiency: Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Effective Communication: Uses advanced verbal and non-verbal methods of communication to influence customers and colleagues.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?