Zscaler Principal Edge Engineer | Remote, USA
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S.
As a member of the Optiv Security Operations Department, a Principal MSS TAC Engineer is responsible for the daily maintenance and attention to the implementation and operational success of a team of networking practitioners within Optiv Security Operations department. Principal engineers are positioned to support operational people managers. They would play a significant role in day-to-day decisions and function as a technical arm of management.
Principal engineers will operate in a 24x7x365 TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment. They will support engineers delivering both third-party Authorized Support and Technology Management service lines who directly assist Optiv clients with their network and/or security-related issues and needs. These two service lines are often part of a much larger client-focused services agenda. Therefore, this position often plays a crucial part in helping to keep overall Optiv/client relationships successful.
This position is sourcing candidates with Secure Service Edge (SSE) and Security Access Secure Edge (SASE) experience.
How you'll make an impact:
- Troubleshoot technical issues over the phone and via secure screen share
- Host troubleshooting conference calls bridging multiple individuals from vendors, clients, third parties, etc.
- Facilitate customer communication over the phone and email
- Document actions in ticketing systems to effectively communicate information to both internal resources and external customers
- Respond in a timely manner (with published SLA) to incidents and support requests
- Perform basic and advanced troubleshooting to diagnose common network problems using fundamental TCP/IP network skills
- Maintain lab and assist engineering staff with lab systems configuration
- Update open ticket status for Engineers within the ticketing system
- Train engineers on new products and features from supported or managed platforms
- Organize "Tech Talks" as needed and on a regular cadence
- Maintain and manage platforms used by associate engineers
- Maintain and manage knowledgebase documentation regarding procedures and processes
- Provide guidance and coaching from a technical perspective
- Provide local management of their designated (vendor) POD
- Provide over-watch and assign tickets
- Post internal notes, suggestions, and recommendations to support engineers
- Assume responsibility for high-profile tickets (severity, situational, white-glove clients)
- Support MSS TAC Operational Leadership
- Evaluate premature client and sales escalation requests and provide feedback for the next steps
- Change Management
- Host team Change Approval Board (CAB)
- Develop and maintain change templates
- Coach and mentor engineers on internal change procedures
- Develop and maintain change processes and procedures with the assistance of leadership
- Assist with coordination and oversight of change tickets to ensure successful completion
- Assist in operations and support of the MSS infrastructure
- Perform technical screening for interview candidates
- Establish oneself as the technical subject matter expert
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Network Administration, Engineering, or related area of study
- Related experience and/or training in a technology environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideal candidates have recent prior experience with administering an SSE platform environment (Netskope and/or Zscaler)
- Certifications preferred: Netskope - NCCSA, NSCI&I Training / Zscaler - ZIA Administrator/Professional, ZPA Administrator/Professional, ZDX Administrator
- Enterprise DLP administration and/or McAfee ecosystem experience desired
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience with security technologies including but not limited to: CASB, SWG, NGFW, IPsec/GRE, Reverse Proxy, SSO, DLP, and ZTNA
- Seasoned experience with SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) solutions
- Seasoned knowledge and strong understanding TCP/IP networking
- Strong understanding of desktop/networking experience, application software experience, with exposure to Microsoft and UNIX/Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), SCIM, (Azure, Okta), Cloud Security Posture Management, and API Security
- Previous IT help desk experience preferred
- A passion for information, network, and data security
- A solid understanding of information security and networking
- Availability to response to issues and engineer needs 24/7
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on-call support when needed
- Demonstrated experience and success in a customer-focused satisfaction environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to partner with others to reach consensus
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Willing to work in US times (Pacific/Mountain/Central/Eastern)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?