Engineer I - Content Developer I On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
How you'll make an impact
- Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Analyst at all levels) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Assist with client transition and onboarding serve as primary point of contact for Managed Security Service clients.
- This will require documentation of Account Governance processes and responsibility for report generation and notification to senior leadership about potential client Service Level Agreement (SLA) issues.
- Explain and demonstrate how to use Devo products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure Devo and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- Develop and deploy Devo content and reporting.
- Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers and train clients regarding security and system configuration
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years professional experience managing and maintaining SIEM systems.
- 2-3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- 1+ year professional experience writing SIEM content specifically for Devo.
- Ability to deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Expert-level knowledge of Devo
- Experience with building intricate searches from disparate data sources and joining them together
- Proficient with managing Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Strong Experience with writing complex regular expression (Regex) to extract fields for data that is structured and unstructured
- Experience with extracting fields, multi-value fields, tags, field aliases, etc.
- Well-versed in building threat detections (correlation rules) using security logs to detect malicious activity with high fidelity
- In-depth knowledge of security logging for Linux, Windows, major EDRs, Firewalls, & Active Directory
- Experience with installing and configuring Splunk Devo and required modules
- The ability to aggregate and analyze logs from various deployed security devices.
- Experience with configuring and/or working with Devo.
- Experience with creating parsers, dashboards, reports, and alerts (not including the default ones that come with Devo).
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Experience with various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?