Cyber Ops Manager I On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead and manage Security Operations Center
- Primarily responsible for security event monitoring, management and response
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework
- Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Regularly review standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
- Responsible for team & vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Sr. Mgmt.
- Routinely engage with cross functional teams to evaluate SOCs ability to meet stakeholder needs
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Oversee training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency, conduct after action reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Work closely Security Leadership to identify implement process changes, improvements and efficiencies and ensure solid security practices
- Develop communication channels with technology owners and the business to evangelize the evolving threat landscape
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 10+ years of security incident response experience.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent written, communication and verbal skills to assist with communications with other teams and writing executive summaries based on work output.
- Self-managed and team-oriented.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Highly motivated
- He or She must have strong leadership experience in a high-paced complex IT environment. Ability to lead, influence and collaborate with remote team members, proven delivery, remediation, and incident response background.
- Should have advanced knowledge of enterprise environments consisting of Windows and Macintosh operating systems, embedded systems, networking devices, and Linux/UNIX
- Requires operational knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, messaging systems, various commonly used operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), common attack tools, and vulnerability detection/management tools. Strong background in security incident response, vulnerability management, system operations, and application operations a plus.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?