Associate Analyst I On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
The Associate Threat Analyst will provide intrusion/incident monitoring and detection utilizing customer provided data sources, audit and monitoring tools at both the government and enterprise level. The Threat Analyst will work closely with our Technology Analysts and Architects to service customers.
How you’ll make an impact
- Analyze, document and report on potential security incidents identified in customer environments
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets
- Act as a coordinator for security events that require urgent response, containment and remediation
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, document and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats
- Provide ongoing recommendations to other MSS peers and customers on tuning and best practices
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Actively work with associate analysts and perform investigations on escalations
What we’re looking for
- One plus years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Queue management, Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
- IDS monitoring/analysis with tools such as Sourcefire and Snort
- Familiarity with web based attacks and the OWASP Top 10 at a minimum
- Attack vectors and exploitation, Mitigation
- Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security
- Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos or Trend Micro
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning
- Understanding of root causes of malware and proactive mitigation
- Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
- Familiarity with web based exploit kits and the methods employed by web based exploit kits
- Experience with malware protection tools such as FireEye a plus.
- Understanding of malware mitigation controls in an enterprise environment.
- Network Based Attacks / System Based Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- HTTP Based DoS Attacks
- Network Based DoS Attacks
- Brute force attacks
- Covert channels, egress, and data exfiltration techniques
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
- Demonstrated experience and success in a Managed Service client environment
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to act as a part-time on-call escalation point for security incidents
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?