Senior Pricing Analyst | Remote, USA
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
This role can be hired remote within the continental U.S.
The Senior Pricing Analyst plays a critical role in providing insights into Optiv’s pricing performance and helping to shape the company’s go-to-market strategy. This person will be responsible for conducting deep level analytics on Optiv’s pricing performance across business units, using a combination of standard dashboards and ad-hoc analytics. In addition, this person will support the continued development of Optiv’s data-driven pricing algorithms and supporting tools to improve business outcomes. This is a highly analytical role, with strong applicants possessing both quantitative aptitude, as well as the ability to communicate analytic findings concisely to enable business decision making.
How you'll make an impact
- Defines and prioritizes pricing KPIs and other related business metrics to provide a comprehensive view of Optiv’s pricing performance for both Services and Security Technology. Conducts deep level analytics on customer, product, and transactional data to identify new pricing opportunities, as well as risk mitigation strategies that will enhance Optiv’s bottom line performance.
- Develops dashboards on key pricing, and related business performance KPIs. Participates in ongoing operational review throughout different levels of organization and works with internal business intelligence resources to ensure accuracy and accessibility of reports.
- Conducts standard and ad-hoc analysis to establish historical pricing performance benchmarks for business units, customer segments, and geographies. Measures real-time attainment relative to performance targets, and identifies actionable improvement initiatives based on observed variances.
- Leverages statistical software packages to maintain existing and develop new advanced pricing models.
- Works closely with Optiv IT to define internal procedures and workflows to ensure pricing data is captured accurately, and consistently within back-end pricing systems.
- Develops and delivers actionable recommendations for Regional Sales and Services leadership to enhance profitability, based on in-depth analysis (as described above)
- Measures real-time attainment relative to performance targets, and identifies actionable improvement initiatives based on observed variances
- Help practices set and periodically refresh list prices based on evolving internal cost structures and industry competitive dynamics
- Gather market pricing intelligence with ability to translate findings to adjust our Security Services and Technology pricing appropriately
- Supports Product Management team in creation and execution of Product Pricing framework for new offerings
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Math-related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in client service or analytics related role
- Excellent analytical capabilities with experience working in large and complex data sets.
- Ability to draw insights from analysis, and succinctly communicate findings to business stakeholders
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Enterprise Security landscape, and market dynamics
- Prior management consulting experience
- Experience working Power BI, Azure ML, DOMO or other data management and Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau and/or other data visualization packages
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
See more open positions at Optiv
Something looks off?