Location: Remote anywhere in the United States
Enabling What’s Next
Who We Are
Established in 2004 as Techedge, with the addition of NIMBL in 2018, we have nearly 20 years of expertise that enabled us to become what we are today: Avvale! This path led us to have a presence in 11 countries with 3,000 Consultants worldwide.
What We Do
We partner with public and private companies to re-design their business models through the development of innovative and sustainable solutions. Our mission is to have a positive impact not only on our customers but the world we live in!
How we do it
Through circular economy models we are bridging the gap between sustainability and profitability.
What you’ll do on the team
As a Linux Administrator you will be a member of the Avvale Infrastructure team of technical experts providing enterprise system support to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to apply your system administration skills with low travel as well as participate in R&D efforts and exercise thought leadership in a fast-paced environment. We require a self-starter with strong Linux experience who can solve problems independently and interact directly with the customer. This position will draw upon your expertise in supporting enterprise systems which are stable, secure, and performance.
You will be responsible for:
- Installation and configuration of Linux environments (primarily RHEL and SUSE) in both cloud and on premise environments
- Work with other Cloud Operations team members to build and maintain systems for both internal and customers
- Create backups, including backup strategies, for internal and customer systems
- Design and execute disaster recovery scenarios for enterprise servers and applications
- Proactively manage and monitor servers, storage, network, and security components of system landscapes
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Develop and implement automation and tool sets for system administration
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Train and support the next generation of system administrators
- Implement and maintain documentation on the configuration and management solutions
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux administration
- Familiarity with and experience working in High Availability mission critical environments with Corosync/Pacemaker
- Ability to support and administer systems to meet customer SLAs
- Experience with central system administration and monitoring tools such as syslog, Puppet, Splunk, and Ansible
- Understanding of system hardening and security concepts from a system administration perspective
- Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting experience
- Working knowledge of commonly used protocols such as LDAP, SMTP, DNS, etc.
Come with us
We are a dynamic team within a meritocratic context offering individualized professional career opportunities that allow you to use smart working practices to find work-life balance. With an eye towards future challenges and growth, you will have the opportunity to work alongside global experts to enhance your breadth of knowledge and increase your know-how!
Base salary range: 75-90k
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Potential: up to 5% of base salary based on company and individual key performance indicators.
We offer a variety of benefits including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, life and disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible vacation, 10 paid sick days and 8 paid holidays
- 401k with an employer match
- Paid parental leave