People Business Partner Director (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a People Business Partner Director, to serve as a trusted strategic partner to our Member Services, Employer Partner Services, and Opportunity organizations on all talent matters. These leaders and teams support Guild’s employer partners and the teams that enable and connect with Guild’s members and learners.
In this role, you’ll develop strategic relationships across your divisions, acting as a unifier, employee and company champion, and trusted advisor to leaders and managers. You’ll be a critical member of our People Team and an ambassador of Guild’s mission and culture.
As a People Business Partner Director, you will play four critical roles:
- Strategic Partner: Through leadership, courage and business intuition, build trust and credibility to influence both business and leadership decisions. Lead the business by connecting the business strategy with the people strategy.
- Talent Maestro: Enhance organizational effectiveness by building, aligning, and integrating solutions that center people to drive business outcomes.
- Culture Champion: Elevate employee experience and engagement to ensure an inclusive environment where all employees thrive.
- HR Expert: Facilitate and implement effective HR support, solutions, and strategies
You will partner with the following teams:
- Member Services: these teams provide day-to-day support via phones, text, email, etc. for our members as they take steps towards their next learning opportunity.
- Opportunity: these teams drive opportunity outcomes through economic mobility for Guild's learners, members, and employees.
- Employer Partner Services: these teams work with our employer partners and their employees to enable career mobility through access to education, skills, and career pathways.
Within these roles, you will partner with Guild leaders end-to-end on talent results to increase engagement and business outcomes with solutions that we can deliver and that employees want. More specifically, you will:
- Establish strong relationships with leaders and act as a catalyst in delivering People solutions that support the specific needs of each department as well as overall business/functional objectives.
- Serve as a strategic change management and communication expert in a complex environment. Take a broad plan and activate for specific team needs in partnership with our Internal Comms team. Lead and influence organizational change. Partner closely with senior business leaders to identify core functional strategies and influence, design and lead relevant organizational changes to activate against strategies.
- Provide People Team expertise to each department in all aspects, including but not limited to performance management and team effectiveness, talent management/organizational development, rewards and recognition, growth and development and workforce planning with the support of the People Team.
- Identify and leverage organizational resources across our businesses to inform and support the DEIB strategy, working closely with leaders and the People team to ensure alignment with goals related to talent acquisition, employee recognition, development, and retention.
- Model Guild’s desired culture, values, and behaviors and work to build and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Partner with leaders in order to improve employee engagement, optimize team performance, and increase organizational effectiveness. Additionally, partnering across the People COE teams to deliver on outcomes.
- Counsel leaders on issues related to employee and manager development, talent acquisition, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, retention, and employee engagement
- Solicit feedback and utilize data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, and morale of teams while balancing interests of the individual, team, and company.
- Influence and support the creation, communication, and rollout of people programs and policies within your division, ensuring programs and processes are equitable, effective, and scalable.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years as a senior level Human Resources Business Partner in a high-growth company and a total of at least 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as a generalist or business partner.
- Prior experience partnering with senior level leaders up to executive level leaders.
- Experience successfully partnering with scaled, customer facing teams (i.e. retail, customer support, etc.).
- Proven experience building effective business leader partnerships. Expert at linking business strategy and optimal corporate function to effective people strategy.
- Solution-oriented style, able to bring a consultative approach with exceptional knowledge of our often evolving solutions and capabilities
- Relevant expertise with HR practices, policies, and laws, as well as org development principles, such as role definition, org design, and workforce planning.
- Able to credibly, confidently challenge and influence others’ thinking and behavior, regardless of level, function, or personality.
- Adept at diagnosing critical people issues and enabling leaders and managers to connect behaviors to outcomes and implement appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates discipline and adaptability in ambiguous environments; able to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects.
- Excited to bring expertise, enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to our growing team in a fast-paced, fun, mission-driven, highly-collaborative environment
- Experience working with leaders and employees to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives/topics and the ability to bring that lens to the employee experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience scaling an organization
- Significant experience having led through change, including organizational restructuring and design
- A strong analytical orientation. Seeks out relevant data and employs analysis to drive decision-making
- Judgment and maturity to balance individual, team, and company interests
- Strong program and project strategy, planning, and management skills, including the ability to collaborate with others on the People Team and beyond
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $160,000 - $190,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth