Head of FP&A
We are looking for someone to lead our FP&A team, models and analysis key in guiding the business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a hands-on role in an inspiring place to work where you can add immediate value and be a true partner to the business.
As FP&A Lead, you will play a crucial role, responsible for developing budget and multi-year business plan models. You will also oversee the management reporting infrastructure and provide insightful analyses for presentation to SLT. This is an opportunity to leverage your strong quantitative and financial modeling skills to shape HelloFresh's FP&A infrastructure and strategy.
You will be based out of our Nordic head office in Islands Brygge, Copenhagen and report to the Finance Director. HelloFresh Nordics covers Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Own the end to end budget output and underlying models and processes. Most significantly the cohort revenue model built on python and forecast COGs usage models.
- Develop a deep understanding of the metrics that drive these models and how to challenge conventional wisdom.
- Audit and stress test the data and inputs to the model. Aiming for simplicity to allow efficient analysis.
- Build strong relationships with department leads across marketing, procurement, logistics, product and production.
- Challenge cost owners on the latest results as necessary and highlight risks to the budget.
- Develop the FP&A infrastructure and tooling strategy, ensuring efficient and effective reporting processes.
- Produce high-quality board presentations and formal budget documents ensuring accuracy and alignment with strategic goals.
- Provide analysis for broader FP&A projects e.g. cash flow modeling, FX hedging project, capital allocation on Capex.
- Coach, mentor and train ambitious colleagues in the Finance team
- Support month-end close process in close partnership with the accounting team through management of the management reporting models, detailed reporting, variance analysis and insights to the leadership team.
- Collaborate closely with technical accounting colleagues to ensure accurate reflection of IFRS accounting treatments in planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Document required process and system changes that need to be made to allow deeper analysis of actuals from the ERP.
Wider business support:
- Support OKR planning with financial insights, helping to align tactical planning with strategic company goals.
- Owner of the Finance dashboarding environment, ensuring data accuracy and user-friendly visualisations.
- Conduct investment evaluation and ROI analysis on business cases, conducting scenario analysis using forecasting models to support strategic decisions.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Data-savvy mindset, with experience in business intelligence tools (Python, SQL, PowerBi, Tableau)
- Demonstrated experience in setting up complex models for FP&A purposes.
- Good understanding of user acquisition economics and cohort LTV based planning.
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering high-quality work with minimal errors.
- Proficiency in process management, adhering to finance calendars and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to build trust and good relationships in a climate of open and direct communication
- Self-motivation and are able to work independently while delivering exceptional results.
- Ability to teach, train and coach non-financial staff in financial concepts.
- Team player with a “egoless” mentality
- Strong communicator and relationship builder across all seniority levels
- You trust yourself to work independently, to make practical and solution-oriented decisions and to represent them internally and externally and have your own opinion
- A significant discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Annual learning and development budget
- Subsidized healthy lunches
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to the Nordics plus visa application support
- Mental health support through online subscriptions
- Monthly pension scheme including health insurance benefits
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 35+ different nationalities
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe
- Additional perks: Nordic Language classes, discounts for our neighboring gyms, company events and parties, fruit & snacks in the office and free Friday bar
Are you up for a challenge?
- Apply with your CV (In English please)
- If we see a match, you’ll have a call with one of our recruiters to share more about what you can bring to the team
- Are both sides still positive? Then we proceed to the assessment stage to assess key skills required for the job
- We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis and will close down the position once the successful candidate has been found.