Strategy Manager, Grocery & Dairy
Title: Associate Manager, Strategic Operations
We are seeking an experienced sourcing manager to join our Grocery & Dairy team as a Procurement Strategy Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a selection of categories through all parts of the supply chain. You have key responsibilities over SKU ideation, vendor selection, price negotiations and weekly budgetary planning for your set of categories.
You will …
- Take full ownership of assigned categories to develop and optimize our national supply network.
- Work with a wide range of suppliers on initiatives spanning new SKU ideation to performance compliance
- Manage cost savings initiatives through our strategic sourcing process to ensure that we hit our targeted budget.
- Onboard new vendors and new SKUs to drive cost savings and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively manage quality specifications and potential issues that might impact ingredient standards
- Work with procurement operations teams to set the weekly execution plan and develop best practices for tracking contract compliance by our vendors.
- Someone with a clear understanding of procurement sourcing best practices
- An expert negotiator who has handled multi-million dollar contract negotiations
- A creative problem solver with a process improvement mindset
- Data-driven decision maker who is passionate about bringing that mentality to their team
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- A project manager - You have exceptional project and people management skill
- A self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate; you’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- A team player- You have experience working effectively in teams and prioritize collective goals over personal accolades
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are willing to get deep into the weeds where needed
- A strong communicator who can easily communicate complex solutions cross functionally and to upper management
- 4+ years of experience as a procurement/sourcing lead, with relevant experience in the Food or CPG Industry
- A degree in supply chain, business, engineering, other relevant area of study
- Flexibility to travel (up to 25%)
- Flexibility to work weekends when required (2-3 times per quarter)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, and company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO and parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, and Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, and LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program