Sr. Safety Specialist
Factor_ a brand of HelloFresh is seeking an experienced Sr. Safety Specialist to join our team! As Sr. Safety Specialist, you will join forces with the Manager of Safety and Loss Prevention to head up workplace safety initiatives for one of our distribution center operations! You will be on the front lines of production and immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFresh’s vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, and champion a culture of safety!
- Work with integrity and the utmost regard for the safety and health at HelloFresh
- Provides subject matter expertise either through education, training, and/or experience in multiple areas including environmental management, compliance, occupational safety, risk management and/or occupational health
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a HelloFresh/Green Chef Facility including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT’s); New Hire safety training and ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding and Chemical Safety; all necessary recordkeeping and reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assist management team during accident or injury investigations and root cause analysis
- Act as the management team’s subject matter expert for safety and security questions
- Ensure visibility of HSE initiatives at the site level (Behavior Safety, Safe Work Permit process, Safety Observations, Near Miss, etc) to all levels of operations management and recommend improvements in effectiveness. Demonstrate sound judgment based on observations and evaluation, by site, to determine safety meeting effectiveness and appropriate level of mentoring for safety meeting facilitators. Collect and analyze data to identify safety or injury trends and develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan and liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine and non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation and coaching operators
- Develop training materials including toolbox talks, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and others
- Manage the relationship with site security and ensures security services are being provided for each DC
- Assist with inventory shrinkage and other deliberate damage/product theft investigations as needed
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production and logistics as needed
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes and results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you’re confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health, or Environmental Health & Safety preferred; will consider high school diploma with 4+ years EHS experience
- Preferred Safety Certification: CSP, ASP, OHST, etc.
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks, lockout/tagout, strain and sprain prevention.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company