Finance Manager - Strategic Projects
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high-quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy, and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: Green Chef, EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, Factor_, and Youfoodz.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
About The Job
Reporting into our Head of Finance - Strategic Projects, you will hold an important role in responding to the business’ need for commercial expertise and financial modeling.
As Finance Manager - Strategic Projects, you’ll support a variety of teams across the business in building business cases to support important decisions as the business continues to grow. You’ll spot areas of ‘profit leakage’ and work with peers across the business to develop new processes and controls to prevent this. You’ll work closely with Finance and Strategy on a variety of analysis which will quickly develop your knowledge of our business.
You’ll also report the business’ capital expenditure on a regular basis, helping to ensure that spend remains well-controlled and within budget.
As a member of a growing and collaborative finance team, you’ll help support colleagues to deliver continuous improvements to processes e.g. day to day efficiency gains, reporting outputs and tech/tool enhancements.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage FP&A tasks including preparing and continuously developing the UK’s monthly management board report, KPI benchmarking and trend analysis
- Finance Business Partner for all UK Capex including business casing, monthly reporting, accounting, budgeting and cash forecasting
- Business Partner with other departments to support and guide on Strategic Projects
- Be the finance lead and work across departments to build the 3 year net revenue forecast including building and maintaining financial models
- Support the Commercial function in implementing best practice and fit for purpose investment appraisals
- Deliver internal and external analysis to senior directors, as needed
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the Fixed Asset Register and depreciation
- Support on the Finance and Legal Transformation project
- Other ad-hoc requirements
Who You Are
- A qualified accountant
- Someone highly commercial with proven experience in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to simplify and give feedback to senior stakeholders
- A problem solver who is curious to get to the detail and reasoning behind the numbers
- Someone who enjoys new challenges, can adapt to change and able to take on new ways of working
- A passion to drive the business forward, challenge current processes and think creatively about how numbers can be transformed into key insights
- A team player who is looking to join and contribute to an exciting, vibrant and diverse team and culture
- Someone that continuously looks for improvements in controls and processes
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: 50/50 Hybrid split between home & The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be invited for two video interviews: one competency, followed by a technical test and, depending on the result, one culture fit.
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.