Director Growth Strategy, New Venture (m/f/x)
The Director, Growth Marketing for New Ventures, will need a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to wear many hats at once. You will collaborate with our Acquisition, Analytics, Product Marketing, and Operations teams to establish a high-performing acquisition engine by identifying and scaling cost-effective customer acquisition campaigns. You will develop the strategic plan, use analytics to inform decisions, and drive execution to optimize a significant marketing budget against company goals. It’s an exciting role that will develop you as a future leader in the D2C growth space by giving you the experience of helping to manage the new meal kits and ready-to-eat (RTE) businesses in Europe and Australia.
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator, knows how to build and scale complex marketing campaigns across the purchase funnel, has worked with Product and Analytics Teams to drive growth, thrives in matrixed environments, and effectively executes cross-functionally to achieve results.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Be a thought leader and expert in marketing, helping to define and implement our customer acquisition and overall growth strategies
- Proactively identify and implement data-driven optimizations on an ongoing basis to drive improvement WoW and MoM in identified KPIs
- Own go-to-market strategy and framework for seasonal and tent-pole campaigns
- Collaborate with teams spanning Growth Marketing, Analytics, Product Marketing, Product Management, Brand and Finance functions
- Closely align and forecast acquisition demand with Operations and Fulfillment teams
- Proactively evaluate and identify opportunities for incremental growth. Act with curiosity.
- i.e. New approaches, products, services, and TAM expansion opportunities that drive business strategy. Be a change ambassador throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders i.e. Brand Strategy, Brand Creative, and external partners to develop and implement a robust creative and partnership strategy. Continuously iterate and test to drive Response Rates, Communication / Creative and Audience Targeting strategies
What you’ll bring
- Innovative & Solutions oriented. Developing new ways of approaching complex problems and proactively seeking input from peers and leaders in problem-solving.
- Data-driven. Advising and guiding based on data-driven metrics, tracking defined targets to measure team-level performance; leading a team through challenges calmly and proactively.
- Continuously identify priorities based on business needs, set success expectations, and effectively allocate team resources.
- An expert in project management with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Egoless, creates an inclusive environment that encourages ideas and promotes cross-team collaboration.
- An excellent communicator – able to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity, and precision both written and verbal
- A growth marketing strategist who can derive insights, recommendations, and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback, and large data sets.
At minimum, you have
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience with concrete, consistent results
- Background in eCommerce and/or subscription business models is a plus
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPV / CPS, CAC, incremental or marginal CAC, LTV, ROI).
- A proven track record in scaling brands by double-digits; robust playbook of available optimization and growth levers
- Tactical experience working with specific digital and offline channels preferred (i.e. Display, Social, Search, Mobile / App and Affiliate, Inserts, Direct Mail, TV/OTT, Audio)
- Extremely analytical and data-driven marketer who can manage various initiatives to drive order rates and customer value
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, structure and prioritize adequately for you and your team to maximize business impact in a fast-paced, highly agile, and consumer-oriented environment
- Strong skills in PowerPoint/G-Slides, Excel/G-Sheet & project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record and/or proven relevant experience in performance marketing is required.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support (if applicable)
- A significant discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Mental health support, including Headspace subscription and access to qualified therapists through Spill
- Budget for home office supplies
- Monthly transportation budget through Rydes app
- Working parents support
- Additional perks include: Annual German language budget, discounts for John Reed gyms & Urban Sports Club, regular company events, fresh fruit & free drinks in the office, in-house yoga classes, weekly discount on the Convini vending machine in the office
- Hybrid working model (option to work from home for up to 50% if preferred)
- Sabbatical leave option after 18 months of being with HelloFresh
- HelloFresh Pension Scheme that is subsidized with 20% on top
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 90+ different nationalities
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.