Junior Financial Accountant
HelloFresh has been recognized as the #7 Best Place to Work in 2023 list of Multinationals by Great Place to Work Netherlands! 🎉 Check out our amazing team and office here and learn more on our socials On LinkedIn and Instagram! Ready to join our team?
🍋 This is how you’ll change the way people eat forever
We are looking for a Junior Financial Accountant for our ambitious, fast growing and international team in Amsterdam. Working in the Finance team and reporting to the Accounting Team Lead you will take a leading role in accounting.
We expect that you become part of the center of excellence in the accounting topics and you will assist in improving and automating our processes and tool landscape and support the transition to more sophisticated tools and processes.
As a Junior Financial Accountant you will be taking ownership of the Fixed Assets process, payroll accounting, taxes, preparation of local financial statements and many more activities for the Benelux market.
You will be part of a diverse and tech oriented team, who combine dedicated effort with a spirited and enjoyable work environment.
🥑 This is how you’ll make an impact
- Own and manage parts of the Month End closing
- Maintain accounting records for up to 5 entities, across Benelux region
- Take ownership of Fixed Assets process, payroll accounting and taxes
- Collaborate with Operational and Marketing teams on the Month End closing process
- Own parts of yearly financial statements, adjustments and tax calculations
- Drive or support during internal and external audits
- Own the weekly Accounts Receivable bookings and the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation process
- Booking of intercompany transactions
- Strengthen the revenue process
- Develop process improvement skills and implement process improvements
🍉 These are the ingredients you’ll bring to the team
- A minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience in a Head Office environment and are eager to learn and progress your career in Accountancy
- Passion, drive and great communication skills
- You have experience with ERP systems, you’re familiar with IFRS; reporting experience is a plus.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; accounting qualification in a plus.
- You are full of improvement ideas and act as a sparring partner for the Accounting Team Lead.
- A quantitative and analytical mindset and know how to use data as the basis of your decisions.
- You don’t shy away from a challenge and are able to perform in a fast-paced and continuously changing work environment.
- You’re pro-active, ambitious, and make things happen.
- Fluent in English
🥕 This is our recipe
- Freedom to initiate, execute and implement your own ideas
- The opportunity to engage and collaborate with our colleagues across the globe
- Learning and development opportunities including a personal development budget
- 24 holidays per year, plus 1 day per additional year of work
- A hybrid work setup, with a budget to help set up your home office
- Flexibility to work abroad
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the office
- A discount on your weekly HelloFresh and/or Green Chef box
- Our FreshEnergy program including bootcamp, yoga, boxing, Headspace subscription, a collaboration with OpenUp for your mental wellbeing, webinars and other events
- Friday drinks, Christmas party, yearly events, quarterly strategy sessions with drinks afterwards
- Multiple ways of getting to a work-related appointment, for example by using our company cars or a MyWheels car
- Discount on your ClassPass subscription, and a discount for your gym membership via High Five Fitness Network.
- Discount on your additional health insurance through Zilveren Kruis
- Healthy lunches, fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly pension scheme
🌱 Grow your career at HelloFresh
A career at HelloFresh is an opportunity to make an impact in a world-leading meal-kit company. Through our Learning Never Stops core value, we empower you to take your career development to your highest potential…but we don’t just want to say it, we want to show it too.
Check out some amazing growth stories here:
- Nick Beeks’ journey from Junior Field Marketing Manager to Offline Growth Marketing Manager
- Valerie Blank’s journey from Junior Sampling Coordinator to Team Lead of Product Marketing
Possibility of further developing in the role. Based on your preference further development as accounting expert or (junior) manager.
🍍 Hungry for more?
- Apply with your CV and a strong motivation to join us (In English please)
- If we see a match, you’ll have a video call with one of our recruiters to share more about what you can bring to the team.
- Are both sides still positive? Then we proceed to the assessment stage to assess key skills required for the job.
- Lastly, you’ll have an interview with the hiring team to get to know you better and dive into more detail of your skills and how you are going to make an impact.