Health and Safety Manager
About the Job
Are you passionate about people and would like to contribute to a safer workday?
We now have an exciting job offer as Nordic Health & Safety (Sr.) Manager in Helsingborg.
We’re looking for an experienced and energetic Health and Safety manager to join the Nordic team. The role will be leading the Health and Safety team, based in our DC in Bjuv, and report to our Associate Director, Food Safety and Quality Assurance. This role is critical in implementing and executing the International health and safety strategy in our Nordic distribution centers.
You will collaborate with different international and Nordic teams to get this done such as production, operational excellence, and HR.
Working collaboratively with our international production, operational excellence, procurement, and country Health and Safety teams, the role will share best practices, create standardized ways of working, drive thinking in health and safety regarding design and construction, and support various projects within their section of the supply chain.
- Be working out of our newly built warehouse in Bjuv, having visits to our warehouse in Moss, Norway, and liaising with our Headquarters team.
- Lead and develop the team of H&S Specialists and partner with Site Leadership across multiple locations to ensure compliance with OHS and related safety standards, identify and manage risks, and build a safety program and culture
- Collaborate with global and local stakeholders to define best practices, opportunities, and process gaps; and align local stakeholders to develop and implement the processes; communicate best practices and learning across the organization
- Ensure appropriate methodologies, tools, and approaches are used to drive safety improvements; continue to advocate for future workplace safety improvements by partnering with and challenging the business and leadership
- Lead risk identification and risk-mitigating planning; organize project post-mortems with all partners and identify critical areas for process improvements
- Influence a large team of indirect reports including associates, managers, and leaders across HelloFresh; Collaborate with global stakeholders to share best practices and deliver global initiatives
- Define, build, and set up targets and reporting of safety metrics across all sites
- Establish Occupational Health and Safety procedures and policies in the workplace
- Lead the development of and manage GMP and Safety trainings and records
- Collaborate with site stakeholders to define, stock, and manage safety consumables (e.g. PPE and other safety-related expenses)
- Ensure all Health and safety requirements are fully understood, executed, and implemented in all parts of our operation by leading and developing a motivated and dynamic team of health and safety professionals.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on all relevant matters to ensure legal compliance and building of internal capability by sharing knowledge, raising awareness and accountability amongst the international health and safety teams and key stakeholders
- Support the International Health and Safety team Develop our health and safety strategy and programs to ensure they remain fully relevant and effective at risk mitigation, whilst ensuring improvements are made
- Use data analytics to justify change and projects, ensuring improvements to key business metrics such as reduction in LTIs, LTIFR, and insurance claims
- Develop and communicate our health and safety strategy and programs to ensure they remain fully relevant and effective at risk mitigation, whilst ensuring improvements are made
- Support the business, manage change and deliver continuous improvement.
- Build strategic relationships with industry stakeholders and authorities, representing the company when required by the Norwegian Arbeidstilsynet and Swedish Arbetsmiljöverket.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant internal, local, and external stakeholders
- Evaluate key risks, conduct risk assessments, and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation
- Support with Accident Investigations as required to identify root causes; escalating as appropriate and sharing learnings across HelloFresh where applicable.
- Set up and chair market H&S forum
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification
- 3+ years of work experience in a leading risk management role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution/Retail
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality customer experience, building a safety culture, and communicating to get team members to buy-in
- Internal and External Audit experience
- Knowledge of Government Regulations (Sweden/ Norway)
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills or equivalent
- Ability to show initiative and bring a logical and common-sense approach to problem-solving, including detailed project planning and management with outcome-driven results
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and a can-do flexible attitude
- Embraces change, challenge, and working in an autonomous way
- Fluent in both Swedish and English
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our facility and operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Significant discount on your weekly HelloFresh boxes
Are you up for a challenge?
- Apply with your CV (In English please)
- If we see a match, you’ll have a call with one of our recruiters to share more about what you can bring to the team
- Are both sides still positive? Then we proceed to the assessment stage to assess key skills required for the job
- We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis and will close down the position once the successful candidate has been found.