Associate Program Manager -Kitchen Equipment
Factor_ a brand of HelloFresh is seeking an Associate Program Manager – Kitchen Equipment. As Associate Program Manager – Kitchen Equipment, you will work with the maintenance teams to maintain and repair commercial and industrial cooking and food processing equipment to support operations uptime and improve reliability of our systems. You will develop instructor-led technical training, deliver training to technicians across the network, evaluate overall system health of equipment, assess vendor services, and serve as the IOQ specialist for all types of kitchen equipment. This role is the resident expert in industrial kitchen equipment and will lead the technical training program.
- Maintain compliance with all safety, food safety, and security standards.
- Create and execute training classes specifically focused on technicians’ needs.
- Review and give input on 3PS vendor quotes, service level agreements, and planned maintenance agreements.
- Successfully implement multi-facility planned maintenance programs focused on ovens, brasiers, grills, formers, mixers, and ancillary equipment as needed.
- Travel to multiple locations to provide instructor led training to MRE technicians.
- Participate in the interview and selection process for Industrial Kitchen Technicians.
- Perform routine inspections on assigned equipment across the network.
- Perform troubleshooting of assigned equipment and work with local teams to provide corrective action plans.
- Act as an escalation point and remote troubleshooting resource for technicians and escalate to leadership and/or vendors as needed for additional troubleshooting.
- Drive regulatory compliance on relevant EPA and OSHA regulations and standards.
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy to absorb kitchen equipment spare parts purchasing and storage.
- Document all work in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and ticketing systems as appropriate.
- Mentor all maintenance personnel in developing appropriate skill sets and knowledge of equipment, specializing in industrial kitchen equipment.
- Act as a network resource for technical issues and lead network-wide root cause analysis.
- Develop maintenance personnel knowledge on intermediate to advanced kitchen equipment related systems and controls.
- Partner with Engineering on commissioning of new kitchen equipment.
- Audit vendor work and provide feedback to leadership on quality of work and SLA performance.
- Write and/or modify PMs to standardize across the network and increase effectiveness.
- Perform building project work as assigned.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with commercial/industrial cooking and processing equipment, including mechanical and electrical operations and/or small-system refrigeration repair and maintenance.
- Advanced understanding of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and HelloFresh safety programs and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of general construction standards and techniques.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Subject matter expert level expertise with repairs and maintenance of different types of cooking/processing equipment to include combi ovens, gas and electric grills and cooking vessels, handheld and stand mixers, forming and packaging equipment, automated conveyance, metal detectors, and other types of commercial/industrial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair low voltage controls, safety circuits, motors, heating elements, burners, blowers, heat exchangers, etc.
- Expertise with gas valve troubleshooting.
- Fire suppression safety training.
- Experience working with inputs, outputs, and PLC logic systems and ability to troubleshoot these systems.
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to 50%) for business purposes.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechatronics associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- The ability to motivate learning and thrive in a teaching/training role.
- Acute understanding of electro-mechanical circuitry and it’s functionality.
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. "Make it happen" attitude.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 4 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company