Area Manager, Shipping
Sales & Business Development
Goodyear, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Factor_ a brand of HelloFresh is seeking an Area Manager, Shipping. The Area Manager, Shipping oversees the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics. The Area Manager, Shipping coordinates activities and provides coaching and guidance to associates on the Shipping team. They will work alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Area Manager receives direction from Management and carries out instructions based on given guidelines. They are responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Area Manager is also required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
You will ...
- Respectfully communicate with all employees and leads.
- Supervise a team of 10-15 employees and ensure efficient and safe operations of shipping activities
- Develop your team by ensuring proper training, day - to- day coaching, and certifications are completed
- Communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance
- Plan and assign work of subordinates
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among subordinates. Investigate and adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets).
- Provide coaching and development to shift hourly associates.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- Report information and update managers throughout every shift with knowledge of that day’s production.
- Resolve employee issues through appropriate problem resolution.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve processes.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to shipping during the shift.
- Submit paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Conduct daily shift meetings and safety meetings with employees.
- Conduct interviews for nonexempt shifts within the department.
- Perform accident investigations and notify management as appropriate.
- Manage department priorities as situations arise.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping daily.
- Able to train and develop a large group of employees and manage multiple production lines.
- A problem solver.
- Results Driven
- Able speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Able to multitask: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity.
- Computer literate to input information into the computer.
- Able to take direction and relay information to employees.
- Comfortable in being exposed to cool and/or cold environment (10º - 40º).
- High School Diploma or GED or related work experience
- Preferred: At least 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Intermediate computer skills requirement – data analysis/creation, Microsoft suite, Google Suite, Email