About the Role
Location: (Timberlea) Tomken Rd & Matheson Blvd East, Mississauga
The Warehouse Manager oversees all warehousing processes including receiving, inventory management, inventory control, cross-docking, and shipping within the fulfillment centre(s).
The Warehouse Manager reports to the Site Director and leads a team of supervisors, specialists, leads, and associates across a 24/7 shift structure.
This role requires direct collaboration with Procurement, Pick and Pack, Manufacturing, FSQA, and Planning teams to ensure on time, in full, and in quality supply and flow of goods, materials, and finished goods in accordance with the production plan.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of warehouse supervisors, specialists, leads and associates
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring a clean and organized area, fully maintained equipment, and up-to-date training and management of employees; work area must achieve compliance with global DC standards
- Receive (physical and system) inbound deliveries within one hour of receipt; ensure accurate entry of receiving data in the warehouse management system
- Execute inventory pull orders to ensure on time and in full material availability for staging, pick and pack, and manufacturing
- Oversee daily analysis of demand requirements for production, procurement ticket creation, and material expedites
- Ensure strong understanding and adherence to standard operating procedures across all warehouse employees
- Plan, schedule and manage warehouse employees to ensure coverage and synchronization to weekly inbound, production, and outbound schedules
- Conduct weekly cycle counts, inventory reporting, and variance analysis to deliver inventory accuracy and cycle count completion targets; Identify root cause of variances and lead deliver corrective actions
- Coordinate with buyers, planners, and as needed, with 3PLs and suppliers level-load inbound/outbound schedules and optimize space, storage, labour, and dock utilization
- Identify, manage, and implement CAPEX requirements, e.g. material handling equipment, racking and maintenance
- Drive continuous improvement by guiding the warehouse team in identifying improvement opportunities in safety, quality, and efficiency
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- 5+ years of Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain experience, preferably with a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field
- Strong understanding of OHS and Food Safety and its application in a warehouse and production environment
- Experience with managing a large scale teams and operations
- An authentic leader, who’s able to build strong relationships, clearly communicate and motivate, and drive accountability in all levels
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- A strong analytical problem solver that identifies and simplifies complex issues and drives rapid, focused, and data-driven solutions
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a leader who competes to win and have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and warehouse systems and controls
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!