Downstream Operations Team Lead
As a Logistics Manager reporting to our Associate Director of Fulfilment Operations, you will oversee HelloFresh New Zealand’s’ order processing & last-mile operations, with a focus on continuous improvement of all facets of our distribution function.
We are looking for a passionate Logistics Manager who will lead the development and implementation of our data-driven, scalable logistics strategy for HelloFresh New Zealand, including building support for your approach at both a local and global level.
What you’ll do...
- Work with 3rd party logistics providers to ensure nationwide delivery of all HelloFresh boxes in a timely manner
- Own key logistics KPIs, with a primary focus on achieving both quality and profitability metrics such as “on-time delivery performance”, ‘average shipping cost per item’ and quality metrics such as ‘logistics error rate’
- Work with international stakeholders to share best practices from and to the New Zealand market
- Initiate and drive any logistics projects and initiatives as required, to deliver tangible impact to quality, resilience, scale, efficiency and budget
- Manage and support a Logistics Coordinator as they action BAU weekly operational logistics duties liaising with our local DC and courier companies to ensure our products are delivered on time to our customers
- Any other duties as reasonably required or directed
What you’ll bring...
- At least 3 years experience in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to innovate effective solutions to address business needs
- Strong soft relationship skills and experience working with 3PLs, national B2C carrier preferred.
- Managed last-mile delivery operations, ideally both external partners as well as in-house operations.
- Demonstrated track record of successful negotiation and maintenance of high-value supplier contracts and partnerships.
- Driven results with strong emphasis on cost-reduction and quality control initiatives.
- Knowledge of logistics software or transport management systems
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google sheets
- Experience with SQL
What you’ll get in return...
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing global food technology companies in an exciting growth phase
- Company discount - 70% off your weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Egoless environment, constant learning with room for personal growth
- HelloFresh Academies - monthly internal learning & development
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 18 countries
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Permanent full time role. You must have the right to work full-time in Australia/New Zealand.
Location: Penrose Head Office in Auckland
Salary: Competitive salary & employee benefits