Director, Ops Procurement
Role: Director, Ops Procurement
Target Level: Director
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Senior Director, Indirect Procurement
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high-quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy, and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as Green Chef, EveryPlate, Chef’s Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Director, Marketing Procurement Job Description:
The Director of Ops Procurement will be a key leader responsible for implementing procurement excellence for our Operations teams (Fulfillment and Automation and Engineering), including competitive bidding / RFP processes, spend controllership, use of procurement systems, and KPIs to measure the impact of the function. Categories under management for this role include product categories such as Material Handling Equipment, Shelving and Racking, Power Industrial Trucks, and DC Consumables as well as service categories such as Temporary Labor and Security, with the potential for the scope to include additional areas beyond those mentioned. In this role, you will be asked to develop and deliver an effective procurement strategy for each category and conduct activities such as RFP’s, negotiations of commercial agreements, and ongoing vendor management to deliver continuous savings as well as performance and process improvement. HelloFresh’s goal is to leverage suppliers to create better products and experiences for new and existing customers. In this role, you will routinely interact with C-level supplier executives and advise senior leaders internally on new sourcing strategies that create lasting return on investment.
We are looking for an experienced procurement leader who can communicate the value of strategic sourcing to internal customers across functions. The successful candidate will work directly with our leadership in DC Operations, Automation and Engineering, HR, Finance, Tech, and other areas to implement new approaches, bringing a track record of successful deployment of category management in fast-growing environments. We are looking for hands-on, data-driven talent with a spike in stakeholder management. This person will play a major role in supporting the on-going success of HelloFresh and the evolution of our business.
- Act as a trusted adviser and subject matter expert leading procurement projects across categories of goods and services relevant to our DCs. Projects will involve working across functions and brands, and sometimes multiple geographies, to build holistic solutions
- Partner with Ops teams to formulate complex service requirements and scope, identify vendors, manage the end to end RFx process, provide a vendor evaluation framework and make recommendations on vendor selection
- Build, communicate, and implement project plans and timelines. Identify the required support, dependencies, and barriers, as well as track and report on progress/issues
- Deliver financial and operational value by leading negotiations with vendors on the scope of work, commercial terms, revenue-sharing, and other legal and contractual terms as needed.
- Be a strategic partner to Ops teams throughout the sourcing process, partnering with legal, finance, tech and other internal departments when necessary
- Liaise with our Legal team to draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements
- Build and maintain vendor relationships to maximize value and to build a best-in-class supply chain across multiple marketing spend categories
- Develop a vendor database and mechanisms to track vendor performance, using data to drive improvements in outcomes and value for money
- Report to Senior Director and work with senior leadership on departmental plans and
execute the department’s vision and team OKRs
- Ensure that all sourcing activities are conducted in compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Manage a small team of direct reports providing direction, coaching, evaluate and provide ongoing feedback
- An expert in the deployment of strategic sourcing processes across multiple indirect categories
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging and use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present solutions while thinking about contingency plans
- A strong negotiator with the ability to influence using excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- A builder of strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Organized and deadline-driven, bringing strong project management and analytical skills
- Autonomous with high level of drive and energy
- Experienced in leading teams and encouraging collaborations at all levels and departments of an organization
- A friend of data and analytics. You bring strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to develop innovative, effective solutions to address business needs.
- Able to execute deep dives to eliminate problems at their source
- Autonomous, with high drive and energy
- An integrative problem solver that partners across functions to deliver results
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Dedicated to providing the best possible experience for the HelloFresh customer
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business, supply chain management, or a related field required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, to include at minimum 5 years in an indirect procurement function, at an international organization
- 7+ years of experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (strategic sourcing management, benchmarking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in developing category plans and sourcing one or more of the following commodities: Temp Labor, Security, Robotics, Material Handling or other Engineered Equipment, IT, Packaging, Outsourced Services, Construction, or Real Estate
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven ability to effectively motivate and manage a high performing team; successful track record hiring and developing talent in a high-growth environment
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, because they are a protected veteran, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.