Sanitation Supervisor (PM)
Schedule: Tues to Sat or Wed to Sun - 4:30 pm - 1:30 am
Location: 3520 Laird Road, Mississauga, L5L 5Z7
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Sanitation Supervisor for our Ready-to-Eat meals production facility. Under the guidance of the FSQA Manager and National Sanitation Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor will be involved in overseeing the Sanitation process in all aspects, ensuring that the site/facility remains clean and tidy, and conforms to all the required Sanitation standards. The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for daily plant sanitation activities while supporting any continuous improvement initiatives. The Sanitation Supervisor will also be responsible to manage, lead, coach and mentor a group of sanitation leads and associates. The incumbent will be tasked to collaborate with different departments to achieve optimum results, in addition to building and maintaining relationships with outside sanitation contractors.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by training and coaching associates on chemical handling, use of equipment and general housekeeping.
- Oversee, supervise, coach and train a team of inhouse Sanitation leads and associates.
- Maintain and track the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) in collaboration with Production, FSQA, Maintenance, and Health and Safety.
- Actively involve and represent sanitation requirements to site leadership.
- Monitor and report weekly sanitation metrics (Pre-Op Inspections, MSS Adherence, EMP Results).
- Support timely start-up of production by ensuring all areas/equipment areas are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner.
- Order and maintain chemical inventories as well cleaning supplies.
- Develop a sanitation training program, train sanitation leads and associates on SSOPs to meet all job requirements and ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for building a sanitation labor plan, reviewing and approving timesheets, scheduling, and conducting performance reviews.
- Perform quarterly KPIs for third party cleaning contractors and chemical suppliers.
- Creating and revising SSOPs based on facility equipment and infrastructure.
- Work with 3rd party sanitation contractors and chemical supplier technical staff in troubleshooting and eliminating root cause issues of non-conformities.
- Conduct and participate in seek-and-destroy activities as required.
- Drive changes related to Sanitation and improve Sanitation practices.
- Ensures that all sanitation equipment and systems (i.e. central systems) are current and in proper functioning order by ensuring all employees adhere to an effective preventative monitoring program.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- Post-secondary education in Biological or Food Sciences, or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years) in a sanitation role within food manufacturing facilities. Candidates with experience working in high risk / high care food manufacturing (RTE, meat processing) are preferred.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience working in Sanitation.
- Knowledge in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Experience in sanitation procedures, cleaning systems, chemicals and HSE.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the site, organization and 3rd party contractors.
- Data driven approach towards problem solving with emphasis on root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation.
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and 3rd party sanitation contractors.
- Proficient skills in Google applications (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.).
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and build high performing sanitation teams.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the business.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!