Class A CDL/Warehouse Spotter
Pay: $33.00 hour
SUN - WED 4A-4P
SUN - WED 4P-4A
MON 4A-4P, THUR - SAT 4A-4P
MON 4P-4A, THUR - SAT 4P-4
Factor_ is seeking a dependable and organized Class A truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented and efficient. However, 60-75% will be expected to perform forklift operations and assist with general warehouse duties during periods of downtime.
- Operate lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas in a safe and timely manner.
- Operate day cab tractor to spot trailers in and out of docks safely and efficiently
- Process received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and safety of received goods by following the company’s defined procedures to inspect both the truck and materials
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Assist in the shipping and warehouse areas as needed
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Enforce and follow all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures.
- Shrink wraps pallets either manually or utilizing automation in preparation of shipment.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure the trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit
- Transport goods, materials, etc. from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organizes goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries
- Occasional touch-freight required - load and unload product using equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and electric pallet jacks.
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicles as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Operation of computer/ internal freight monitoring systems required
- Any and all additional duties assigned by management
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements
At a minimum, you have…
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven and verifiable experience with tractor-trailer driving required
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Forklift experience (required)
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Experience in material handling
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Able to work in cold temperatures and refrigerated environments (35 degrees Fahrenheit)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of HelloFresh/Factor not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, because they are a protected veteran, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.