Backend Engineer, Payments Alliance (f/m/x)
The Global Payments team at HelloFresh is responsible for processing payments periodically as a subscription business, ensuring our customers are able to pay seamlessly with their preferred payment method. We also focus on managing customer profitability at the company level through various retention-based initiatives. You will be part of a team that has a direct impact on the customer experience while optimizing for various business KPIs. We build in-house products using modern technologies to handle a massive scale of transactions (> 8.5 million active customers) and are continuously improving the SDLC for fast flow and continuous delivery.
Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, and other cutting-edge methodologies
- Be a proactive, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and acting as an ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more.
What you'll bring
- Back-end experience (of at least 3 years) within Microservices architecture using Golang, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- As well as experience in CI/CD methods and practices
- Practical experience with TDD, BDD, DDD, and distributed architectural patterns
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- Experience working with relational and document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase