Backend Engineer DACH (f/m/d/x)
As a Backend Engineer (f/m/d/x) you will be part of our Engineering team within the Data & Process Excellence department responsible for the DACH market. You will support the team in creating, maintaining and optimising local tools for supply chain management to ultimately maintain our customers' happiness. This allows you to have maximum impact and influence on the whole value chain. You will become part of a fast-paced global company that has Tech as one of its top strategic priorities. Join our transformational journey and see what the future of Tech looks like.
- This role is available for a 24-month contract (extension possible).
Your area of responsibility
- You support in creating, maintaining and optimising local tools for supply chain management that decrease manual work as well as the risk of operational errors while enabling scalability
- You have the opportunity to redesign some of our most important local systems to improve internal user experience and the robustness of our tool landscape within the operations domain
- You identify technical improvement potential throughout the local value chain and beyond (Product Planning, Procurement, Production, Logistics, Customer Care, Marketing) and get the chance to execute on it in a hands-on manner with a focus on supply planning
- You support on operational tasks such as monitoring essential pipelines in the daily tech operational business
- You worked 2 - 4 years as a Software Developer in a fast-paced environment
- You have solid back-end experience using Python with software development patterns (TDD; BDD)
- Ideally you are familiar with Kafka
- You are a curious and quick learner, especially when it comes to new analytical methods, software applications and tools
- You are self-organized, proactive, pragmatic and passionate for quality work
- You have a general interest in understanding business processes and stakeholders' perspectives and tailor solutions to their needs
- You know how to take responsibility and own your products
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- You speak English fluently
- You are ready to commit to a full-time position (40h/week)
- In this role you are willing to support the team onsite at least for 50% of the working time
What we offer you
- Modern and comfortable working space with great co-workers in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Discount for HelloFresh boxes and Convini products
- Development possibilities along with internal trainings and a yearly Learning & Development budget
- Flexible working hours including Work From Home/Work from Abroad/Sabbatical Policy, as well as a home office set up budget
- Extensive Onboarding and Buddy Program
- Social events including team events, Friday beers, company runs, book club, etc.
- Discounted fitness offers with our Urban Sports Club and John Reed partners, as well as yoga classes
- Well-being initiatives in cooperation with Headspace and Spill
- Childcare and company pension scheme benefit
- Monthly transportation budget via RYDES
Are you up for a new challenge?
Apply now with your complete application documents, also without a photo and without stating specific personal characteristics such as nationality or gender if you choose to do so. German or English language certificates and documents regarding residence and work permits are welcome.
We look forward to hearing from you!