Senior Manager, Retention Strategy
Title: Senior Manager, Retention Strategy
We are looking for a data-savvy, self-motivated Senior Manager, Retention Strategy to join our Marketing team. This person will be the central owner of retention initiatives for the United States across 4 brands. Reporting to the Associate Director, North American Retention Strategy, you will be responsible for hitting long- and short-term customer retention targets by generating new ideas, detailed customer analysis, A/B testing, campaign coordination and optimization. The ideal candidate is a clear communicator, intellectually curious, and has a high capacity to pursue many new ideas at the same time. You have a track record of being able to sell-in new thinking and drive ideas to completion, and are obsessive about diving into data to deliver measurable insights and results.
- Identify and communicate retention focus areas for the US market and advise cross-functional partners on how different projects impact retention. Analyze customer behavior and trends to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to better retain customers.
- Ensure the the voice of the customer comes through in tests and initiatives across the organization
- Make impact quickly, support the development of an experiment pipeline to test new approaches for retention both within the retention team and with other departments in the business.
- Be a champion for your testing roadmap, from selling it in, to collaborating with cross-functional teams in local and global offices across Marketing, Product, Tech, Ops and Brand
- Work cross-functionally to drive retention-focused changes to marketing initiatives and product strategies (design analyses, query data, draft recommendations) across the US organization.
- Be a voice for retention in the US, keeping the local team updated on campaign results, highlighting successes, failures, positive trends, and negative trends.
- Own relationships with external providers for printing and distribution of in-box inserts and welcome books.
- Be the central owner of active customer communication, maximizing the use of both inbox inserts and email communication to reach customers with the right message, at the right time, through the right channel.
- Own the forecasting, tracking, reporting and target development for retention for all brands in the US.
- A data enthusiast with advanced proficiency in Excel and background in SQL, love finding the details in facts and statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan.
- Motivated by challenging targets and are keen to tackle both the big projects and small tasks in order to grow the business.
- Motivated by challenging targets and are keen to tackle both the big projects and small tasks in order to grow the business
- Highly collaborative and an excellent communicator to both internal and external partners and stakeholders
- 6+ years of deep experience in a marketing project management role in a fast-moving, agile-oriented company (bonus if you’ve worked in a Start-Up, digital subscription business, or in a high-growth eCommerce environment)
- Intellectual curiosity: you always want to know the “why” and you go beyond the scope of a given assignment to get your answers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you love building new things, and have both the passion to sell ideas and the grit to drive them to completion.
- SQL-based databases and tools such as MySQL, SQL Workbench, and Tableau
- Email automation, drip campaigns and journey mapping
- A/B testing and statistical analysis
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, and company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO and parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, and Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, and LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year