Senior Production Manager
About the Role
Title: Sr. Manager, Production
Location: HWY 403 & Dundas St W, Mississauga
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Sr. Manager, Production to join our newest brand: Factor (factormeals.ca), a healthy, ready-to-heat meal delivery service. Reporting into the Associate Director of Production, you will oversee all production processes (safety, receiving, inventory, prep, cooking, assembly, fulfillment, and sanitation) within our newest Distribution Centre, acting as the single-threaded leader for our second shift (afternoon/evening). Your focus is to ensure that every customer receives a perfect box on time; to create, develop, and manage a high-performing team; and drive continuous improvement initiatives and process rollouts to achieve cost and operational targets.
As part of the Leadership Team, you will play a key role in shaping and building Factor’s operational scale and capability of the future, as we strive to win our customers with high levels of service, quality and choice.
What you will be doing:
- Lead all production processes for the second shift, including leading a team of chefs, supervisors, technicians, and team leads.
- Build and develop a high-performing culture for our second shift, with focus on safety, leadership, accountability, engagement, continuous learning and speed/agility
- Set up, manage, and be accountable for key performance indicators and targets for our second shift, with focus on employee safety, food safety, quality, order accuracy, cost, and on-time delivery
- Build strong relationships with Food Safety, Sanitation, Planning, Procurement, Logistics leaders and teams to deliver production plans that optimize meal quality and consistency, on-time delivery, and efficiency
- Make tomorrow better than today! Drive continuous improvement by collaborating with teams in identifying, scoping, and delivering initiatives and leading/coaching teams through positive and focused change
- Lead root-cause analysis and implement corrective actions to prevent recurring product and performance issues
- Define, improve, and set up standard processes, onboarding, and training in all production processes - kitchen, plating, and casing
- Ensure that the DC achieves and/or exceeds the Global DC Audit and regional Occupational Health & Safety standards; oversee facility and equipment upgrades and maintenance to achieve and/or exceed standards
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- 7+ years of Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain experience with a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field
- Strong understanding of OHS and Food Safety and its application in a warehouse and production environment
- Experience with managing a large scale operations with multiple management tiers
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a leader who competes to win and have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees
- An authentic leader, who’s able to build strong relationships, clearly communicate and motivate, and drive accountability in all levels
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and warehouse systems and controls
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives;
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!