Area Manager II, Fulfillment
HelloFresh’s newly acquired “Ready-to-Eat'' brand “Factor”, is looking for a Fulfillment Supervisor for the labeling department to oversee the labeling value stream including delivery, quality, inventory management, and people leadership. This role will maintain production schedules, staffing schedules, champion the label approval process, and oversee resolution of technical issues. Responsibilities may also include inventory analysis, constraint problem solving, and upstream and downstream interdepartmental communication. The ideal leader will identify ways to improve labeling planning and execution processes as well.
You will ...
- Be responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures concerning receiving, shipping, storage/distributing goods, and logistics.
- Plan and assign work to subordinates, establishing goals, and holding the team accountable for achieving.
- Develop and adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards and make suggestions regarding procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Analyze the facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practices.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records.
- Investigate and determine the cause of faulty work and consult and advise other departments as to corrective measures.
- Provide all employees with the necessary tools, proper training, and corrective direction.
- Regularly required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production, to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale, and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems within the area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, and terminations.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies, PIT)
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment, including reporting defective equipment to management
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Utilization of the work order system (FMX) to communicate the building’s needs to the facilities team.
- A leader: train and develop a large group of employees, ongoing process improvement
- Performance Manager: for assigned responsibility, hiring, promotions, and performance reviews
- A Problem Solver: professional, confidential
- Results Driven and detail-oriented
- Effective communicator: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Great time manager: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Technically Capable: Product quality, food safety, computer literacy to input information into the computer
- A continuous learner: able to take direction and relay information to employees
At a minimum, you have...
- PIT Certification or willing and able to become PIT Certified.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Preferred warehouse experience supervisor
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse distribution environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Intermediate computer skills requirement – data analysis/creation, Microsoft office, and Google Sheets, Email
- Preferred food safety certifications SQF, BRC, HACCP
- Expected to obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator successfully.
- Comfortable in enclosed spaces (dock trailers).
- Ability to utilize vision, speech, and hearing and stand and walk to use multiple forms of PIT.
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company