Area Manager, RTI Warehouse
HelloFresh’s “Ready-to-Eat” brand “Factor”, is looking for an Inventory Supervisor to manage the day-to-day functions of the inventory department including supervising the work in process (WIP) inventory of semi-finished goods, subassemblies, or “sub-recipes”. This includes management of all product movements and their respective transactions, replenishments, inventory-related projects, researching and reconciling inventory discrepancies.
- Manage the movement of goods in a timely manner while ensuring first expiry, first out as well as safety measures like two-person moves
- Utilize the “Holding Cooler / Return to Inventory (RTI)” layout, and communicate shortages to minimize food waste. Include the proper storage, labeling practices, in accordance with warehouse plans.
- Ensure the optimal inventory levels of WIP inventory are maintained to fulfill daily sales needs
- Provide timely service to the kitchen and production departments while minimizing warehouse impacts like labor, waste and quality
- Develop and motivate your team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Assist with year-end audit and inventory counts as needed
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Build people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel and inventory team members
- Maintain the inventory system to aid in production scheduling
- Maintain all housekeeping and safety standards and training
- Identify and execute productivity opportunities to help facility meet annual operating plan
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned
- You will have a regular presence on the floor and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs
- You may require off-shift and weekend work
- Detail Oriented
- Experienced lean and continuous improvement
- Flexible and reliable in covering scheduled shifts that support 24/7 production operations
- Excellent with your communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Self-directed and motivated for finding the most important problems to solve in the facility
- Two or more years of experience with warehousing, production, or culinary departments.
- A proficiency in data entry, calculations, and inventory management detail
- Food industry experience is a plus!
- Your experience with supervising front line staff in a performance-driven, challenging environment
- Experience working with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others, effective coaching, leading a team-based approach to decision-making