The Sanitation associate facilitates sanitation tasks in accordance to the Master Sanitation Schedule. This position is under the direction of the Sanitation Lead. The Associate is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor. The Sanitation associate is required to ensure that the facility is maintained at SQF level of cleanliness
Pay Rate - $16.50/HR // Shift - Weds-Sat 8a-6:30p
Essential Functions - Sanitation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs typical sanitation tasks to support the production team and the entire facility up to and including sanitizing equipment and floors at end of shifts, cleaning and sanitizing tools and receptacles, disassembling, cleaning and reassembling equipment, cleaning the facility, including walls, floors and doors, removing waste, debris and refuse, transporting empty boxes to compactors, monitoring inside and outside of facility for waste and debris, and other sanitation functions as needed.
- Support the production department by cleaning and preparing for next shift work
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality Warehouse, or Production to collaborate and solve problems
- Respectfully support and follow direction from supervisor or management and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
- Performs routine sanitation equipment maintenance to ensure equipment functions properly
- Perform all SQF sanitation related tasks
- Safely and correctly mix chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing
- Keep up with chemical inventory
- Stay up to date on chemical safety
- LOTO knowledge
- Results Driven and detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum and keeping on task to meet goals and deadlines
- Chemical knowledge
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to assembly and disassemble automated production lines
- Within three months of hire date, must attend PIT class and become certified on, at minimum, the Electric Pallet Jack
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and minimum 6 months of related experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be willing and able to work the entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions).
- Must be able to have basic computer skills (data entry, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.