Warehouse Lead, 3rd shift, Goodyear, AZ
The Warehouse Lead Associate coordinates activities of and provides coaching and guidance to workers in the warehouse team. The Warehouse Associate works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead Associate receives direction from Warehouse Supervisor and / or Manager and carries out instructions based on given directives. The Lead is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor. The Lead is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. ensures the proper stocking of all production materials needed for the production line on a daily basis).
- Respectfully support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Keep track of product inspection data
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh and do not break any company policies.
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies and procedures. Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Performs duties of workers supervised, as needed
- Reports defective equipment or questionable conditions to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production in order to collaborate and solve problems
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Leadership and fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven and detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum and keeping employees on task to meet goals and deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work and resolving problems. The Warehouse lead’s performance is evaluated by their leadership of the warehouse employees, productivity and prioritization of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, and ability to guide employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Warehouse Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred
- Expected to successfully obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing and able to work the entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions).
- Must be able to have basic computer skills (data entry, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.