Food Safety & Quality Internship
HelloFresh has been recognized as the #7 Best Place to Work in the list of Multinationals 2023 by Great Place to Work Netherlands! 🎉 Check out our amazing team and office here and learn more on our socials On LinkedIn and Instagram! Ready to join our team?
🍋 This is how you’ll change the way people eat forever
For our young and passionate team in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Food Safety & Quality intern from January/February 2024 for 6 months. Working in the food safety and quality assurance team you will assist our food safety specialists on various topics. Your office base will be Amsterdam, but you will also have the opportunity to go to our Distribution Centre in Bleiswijk once a week.
🥑 This is how you’ll make an impact
- Checking labels (ensuring they comply to legislation and HelloFresh requirements)
- Checking and judging product specifications in our specification management system
- Collaborating with many different internal and external stakeholders (product team, procurement team, content team and suppliers)
- Selecting products for microbiological testing in the laboratories
- Working on specific project relevant in food safety and quality
🍉 These are the ingredients you’ll bring to the team
- You are doing a bachelor or master (hbo or university) in the field of Food Safety and Quality Management (e.g. Food Quality Management, Food Commerce & Technology, Food Safety, Nutrition & Health or Dietetics).
- You enjoy working in a young, dynamic environment and you have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently by conducting research and love a good challenge.
- You have good attention to detail.
- Bonus if you have some knowledge of the Commodities Act or the laws and regulations regarding food and labeling.
- Passion and proactivity for the field.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is preferred.
Please note that for this internship we do not accommodate for research theses.
🥕 This is our recipe
- Freedom to initiate, execute and implement your own ideas
- Lots of learning and development opportunities
- 10 holidays based on 40 hours per week for 6 months
- A hybrid work setup
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the office
- A discount on your weekly HelloFresh and/or Green Chef box
- Our FreshEnergy program including bootcamp, yoga, boxing, Headspace subscription, a collaboration with OpenUp for your mental wellbeing, webinars and other events
- Healthy lunches, fruit and snacks in the office
- Discount on your ClassPass subscription, and a discount for your gym membership via High Five Fitness Network
- And of course, you’ll get a compensation of 700 EUR gross per month, based on a 40-hour work week
🌱 Grow your career at HelloFresh
A career at HelloFresh is an opportunity to make an impact in a world-leading meal-kit company. Through our Learning Never Stops core value, we empower you to take your career development to your highest potential…but we don’t just want to say it, we want to show it too.
Check out some amazing growth stories here:
- Valerie Blank’s journey from Junior Sampling Coordinator to Team Lead of Product Marketing
- Joran van der Hel’s journey from driver to Ground Operations Manager
🍍 Hungry for more?
- Apply with your CV and a strong motivation to join us.
- If we see a match, you’ll have a video call with one of our recruiters to share more about what you can bring to the team.
- Are both sides still positive? Then you’ll have an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another member of the team to get to know you better and dive into more detail of your skills and how you are going to make an impact.