About the Role
HelloFresh Canada is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team at our Distribution Centre. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be leading a team of warehouse associates to ensure seamless day to day operations. If you are a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail and organization, obsesses over delivering measurable results, and has a passion for food - this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures with regard to receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics
- Plan and assign work of subordinates, establishing goals, and holding the team accountable for achieving.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- Regularly required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production in order to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- 5+ years experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume food service environment
- Must have experience leading a complex team
- Experience working with produce is a requirement
- Experience working in a warehouse environment/shipping and receiving
- The ability to operate motorized hand trucks
- Forklift, Reach Truck or Stacker Operator license is ideal, but we will train the right candidates
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening and holiday work, as required
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!