About the Role
Pay: $23.25/ hour
Shift: Thursday - 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - 9:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday - 9:00am - 5:30pm
Monday - 2:30pm - 11:00pm
As the Production Team Lead, you will report to the Manufacturing Manager and support the vision for the plant on a high level - building the team and crafting its culture. You’ll be accountable for executing the processes and directives set by the production, manufacturing and sanitation teams. Additionally, you will ensure the team follows all procedures consistently, while driving measurable, quantitative improvements in performance and ensure operations are running safely and efficiently in accordance with all Safety and GMP guidelines.
What you will be doing:
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that raw materials, packaging, and consumables are in place to deliver the production plan on time and in full.
- Monitor delivery of the production plan, resolve work problems by recommending measures to improve productivity on the lines and communicate changes required to the plan with all stakeholders.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of production associates who are responsible for kitting, processing, packaging, testing, and grading of food products.
- Communicate goals, targets, and information to all associates and coordinate and monitor shifts and assess employee performance to daily production targets.
- Ensure all production areas and equipment are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day and at the end of each shift.
- Train new associates in job duties for various packaging machinery and informing them about safety procedures and company policies
- Work and communicate with the receiving team and provide plenty of notice for portioning, kitting and boxing needs.
- Maintain proper function of sanitation equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as, assuring the adequate inventories of PPE are kept available at all times.
- Maintain constant communication with the Production and Facilities and Maintenance Manager and other supervisors on progress and current or potential issues regarding production or employees.
- Ensure that our waste streams are disposed of as per instruction and training.
- Follow all company safety guidelines and SOPs.
- Work safely with chemicals being used.
- Support the implementation and management of HACCP, GMP and ensure that company procedures and standards related to Food Safety and Quality are followed and maintained.
- Ensure that production and all equipment meets health, sanitation, and quality standards set by the company and food industry
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a food processing, manufacturing or service industry
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Certification is required
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs
- Has experience with standing for prolonged periods of time including regular bending, twisting and walking
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar,Gmail,Docs,Sheets) and video conferencing (Hangouts, Google Meet)
- Strong and effective leadership skills. Ability to successfully manage 30+ hourly employees.
- Experience with Inventory management and control
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0°C to 4°C)
- Flexible to work overtime, on weekends, evenings and holidays, as required
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!