Director, Accounting, Inventory & Logistics
The Director of Inventory & Logistics Accounting is a member of the Finance leadership team and reports to the US Controller. In this position you will partner closely with the stakeholders in Operations, Logistics, Procurement and Business Technology as well as your peers across the US & International Finance teams. As a leader you will develop and grow talent and engagement in a team of Accounting professionals with a clear focus on closing the books, accuracy, timeliness and effective controls for the US HelloFresh Brands for one of the most complex and dynamic areas of the business. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to transform the existing business as usual processes, drive initiatives and deliver results in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. In addition, this role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
You will …
- Be responsible for overseeing financial processes, daily accounting activities, project management, accounting process design and documentation, and review and sign off of control activities.
- Ensure strong and reliable accounting procedures and controls are in place for your area and will result in accurate, complete and timely results.
- Manage and develop a team of Accounting professionals.
- Support external and internal audits for your area.
- Partner closely with Senior Leadership in Finance, Logistics, Procurement and Operations to increase visibility, transparency and understanding of actual results and variances between actuals and management reporting.
- Partner with business leadership to understand new developments in the supply chain and distribution center network and plan effectively for their impact on accounting results.
- Transform existing processes to deliver both results and insights more efficiently and effectively for a growing business with multiple brands.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to ensure tight inventory controls and accurate recognition of direct cost of goods sold.
- Drive process improvements and automation efforts to increase controllership and reduce manual workload
- A humble and engaging leader who earns the trust of others through delivering results, you consistently raise the bar on those around you
- An excellent communicator and that intuitively collaborates with teams of different backgrounds
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines; ability to do more with less and faster
- Goal oriented, execution focused and motivated by your achievements
- Relentless on the integrity of financial information and underlying data
- Excited about continuous learning and improving processes in a high-growth environment susceptible to change
At a minimum, you have…
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting positions of increasing scope and complexity; experience with inventory accounting and supply chain processes; experience with high growth e-commerce businesses
- 4+ years experience as a manager and manager of managers
- Experience in leading teams, influencing and galvanizing others to follow you towards a solution
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA or equivalent
- Experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm in Audit
- Proven ability to transform accounting process
- Proven ability to manage and drive engagement in a team
- Strong affinity for controllership, data and technology
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills; you have the ability to condense complex issues into key take-aways and action items
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, and company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO and parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, and Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, and LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year