S'more about the team
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will partner with departments across the organization to analyze and continuously drive improvement in our internal controls and financial reporting processes. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will Partner with the procurement, operations and data teams to analyze and continuously drive improvement in our internal controls and financial reporting processes for ingredients and packaging. In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in special projects, system implementations and ad-hoc reporting as required. As part of the Finance team, you will also play a key role in continuously improving our finance processes.
Lettuce share what this role will be responsible for
- Take ownership of the financial statements and supporting schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy of ingredients and packaging P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, monthly financial statements, and variance analysis
- Review and provide input into standard cost analysis for quarterly budget updates and monthly financial reporting
- Work closely with key stakeholders from the procurement and data teams to streamline month-end close processes
- Develop and maintain accurate accounting processes and procedures for all of our verticals' ingredients and packaging functions.
- Assist with the interim and year-end internal and external audit requirements
- All other duties, as assigned
Sound a-peeling? Here's what we're looking for
- 3-4 years experience working in full-cycle accounting, preferably with CPG experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting from a top university
- You have or are working towards a CPA designation
- You have strong knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Your attention to detail is renowned. You are able to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You are a proactive problem-solver: You always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team’s tasks.
- You are proficient in using Excel (Advanced level), and knowledge of SQL is an asset
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- You want to be part of a high-growth company, are interested in food and technology, and are ready to take on significant responsibility
Let’s cut to the cheese, this is why you'll love it here
- Box Discount - Amazing discounts on 1 box per week! 75% discount on weekly HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits AND 50% off weekly Factor meal box
- Health & Wellness - Health & Dental benefits from day 1, a Health Spending Account, and unlimited access to the Headspace app to meet your self-care needs.
- Vacation & PTO - Time off is also an important part of self-care! We offer generous vacation and PTO to help you create a good work-life balance.
- Family Benefits - A parental leave top-up program for expectant parents
- WFH Allowance - A one time fund to help you set up or improve your home office
- Growth & Development - We support your career progression, provide development opportunities, and invest in your continued learning through our organization wide L&D fund
- Work Hard & Have Fun - From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to experience the fun!
- Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives - With impactful ERG’s like HelloChange and Women Empowerment, we are committed to our diversity, equity & inclusion efforts
- Food Puns - this one is kind of a big dill if you haven’t already noticed. We even have some punny meeting room names!
Flexible Hybrid Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility, along with the opportunity to interact and collaborate in the office are all a part of creating a great employee experience.
To meet these needs, we are pleased to provide Flexible Hybrid work. Flexible Hybrid is a people-first approach that is based on choice, trust, personalization, and empowers teams to choose when and how often they work from the office and work from home, in addition to team days and company days. This means a minimum of 1 day in office per week (or 4 days per month), with most teams in office between 2-3 days a week.
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.