1st/2nd Shift: 6am-4:30pm & 7pm-5:30am
Pay: $17.50 hourly
The Shipping Associate will be responsible for day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics. The associate receives direction from Lead & Supervisor and carries out instructions based on given directive. The associate is responsible for following all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Shipping associate is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stacks assembled boxes on the corresponding pallet(s)
- Ensures all boxes are upright, and carrier ‘colored dots’ face outwards
- Stacks boxes one layer at a time to create a more stable load
- Checks (3) shipping labels to confirm they are all for the same carrier lane
- Wraps and secures pallet before pulling
- Transports pallets in a timely and safe manner from Production onto the shipping dock
- Ensures that each pallet is checked by the Shipping Verifier before pulling it to the dock, and that each pallet has a pallet label attached
- Verifies incoming pallets by checking all shipping labels from top layer
- Checks that all visible colored dots conform to the correct shipping lane/color
- Completes and attaches the pallet label to the pallet
- Directs and ensures that the pallets are moved to their appropriate shipping lane
- Fills out the information into the Box Counter Tool for every pallet
- Visually confirms that the incoming trailer is staged in the correct dock door
- Inspects trailer for any harmful contaminants and completes the trailer inspection form
- Ensures that all shipping labels from top layer are checked for each pallet before loading
- Completes a walk around the lane of pallets to be loaded, to ensure same color dots
- Verifies the total number of boxes loaded matches the expected carrier count. If last truck for that carrier, does a quick sweep of the shipping and production floor to check for any missed boxes or pallets
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate and solve problems.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift and production schedule. The employee is expected to work no less than the designated 40 hour work week. Significant weekend work depending on production schedules.
Required Education and Experience
- Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Possess a high regard for safety in the workplace
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations
- Proficient in mathematics
- Knowledge of various material-handling equipment an asset
- Preferably 2+ years’ experience operating powered forklifts
- GED/High school diploma required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice and include any work-related directives given by warehouse manager.