Location: 3520 Laird Road Mississauga, ON, L5L 5Z7
About the Role
We are looking for cooks who will be responsible for maintaining and setting up the kitchen, batch-cooking recipes, and controlling the quality of all food products prepared at different kitchen stations, for our newest brand: Factor (factormeals.ca), a healthy, ready-to-heat meal delivery service.. Reporting to the Sous Chef, you will ensure that all food prepared meets the highest quality standards, the first batch is identical to the last, and our production stays on schedule. As a part of our Kitchen Operations team, you will play a key role in delivering a consistently outstanding product to our customers while rapidly scaling a new business.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and set up equipment, execute recipes in large batches, and ensure the highest quality of all food products prepared at different kitchen stations.
- Prepare raw ingredients, including brining and marinating of various proteins.
- Prepare recipe components using grills, braisers, ovens, mixers, blenders, and other industrial kitchen equipment.
- Work across all areas of the production facility, including refrigerated areas, and perform tasks ranging from receiving, cooking, assembly of recipes, and packing customer orders
- Ensure the kitchen operates with the highest health and safety standards, and is in alignment with federal and provincial health and safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in a commissary kitchen with high-volume food preparation
- Thorough knowledge of sanitation and food safety standards
- Strong communication skills: you listen actively, relay information in a clear and structured manner, and speak to team members with tact and diplomacy
- No/low ego: you take direction and feedback well, and are focused on getting to the best possible outcome
- High attention to detail and a customer-centric mindset
- Comfortable with being exposed to hot, cool and/or cold environments (0-30ºC)
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in indoor spaces
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!