Job Title: Operational Buyer
Location: HWY 403 & Dundas St W, Mississauga, ON
Shift: Saturday to Wednesday from 12:00pm - 8:00 pm EST with flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Purchasing, you will be responsible for supporting the Procurement team. We are looking for an analytical problem-solver with a hands-on, “whatever-it-takes” mindset to help build and manage our supply network. Responsibility will be given to you from day one, and you will be expected to use your initiative and creativity to help us grow our business across Canada. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail, organization, and analysis obsesses over delivering measurable results and has a passion for food.
What you will be doing:
- Drive our weekly procurement operations, ensuring the on-time/in-full/in-quality delivery of ingredients.
- Forecast demand requirements, manage inventory, and track consumption of incoming material.
- Manage our weekly spending to ensure we stay within budget, be responsible for weekly cost reporting, and hold our suppliers accountable for credits owed.
- Problem solve issues in our supply chain and work cross-functionally to come up with a solution
- Continuously improve supply chain processes (forecasting, ordering, and onboarding new ingredients and suppliers, etc.)
- Measure performance of our ingredient suppliers and identify opportunities to improve KPIs
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, engineering, or other relevant major.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented: you have well-honed strategies for never missing a deadline or overlooking a key detail, and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities at once.
- Entrepreneurial with an ownership mindset: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
- You’re comfortable working under tight, immovable deadlines and making key decisions under pressure.
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0°C to 4°C)
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and should think beyond the scope of a given assignment.
- Naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!