Associate Director, Paid Social
Title: Associate Director, Paid Social
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, and collaborative team player who will join our team as Associate Director of Paid Social. In this role, you will lead our paid social media strategy, with a focus on planning, optimization, and revenue maximization across key social networks including Meta, TikTok, Snap, Pinterest as well as emerging platforms.
You will drive our North America roadmap supporting HelloFresh (US & Canada), EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, GreenChef and Factor for our always-on paid social presence as well as actively test across new and future platforms such as Twitch, NextDoor, etc. Furthermore, you will embody a growth mindset driving repeatable and scalable results through creative innovation and insights.
Our ideal candidate will have broad visibility across the business as well as the global HelloFresh Community – and will collaborate daily with peers in Growth, Brand, Creative, Product, Finance, and Analytics.
It's an exciting time to join HelloFresh as we continue to change the way people eat forever and this role is a strategic and high performance/high impact role driving incredible growth at HelloFresh working across the Growth Organization.
- Be the link between consumer marketing and acquisition activities and overall business performance, equipping senior leaders with insight into the impact of paid and organic app initiatives.
- Lead and manage a growing paid social media team through servant leadership, mentoring and coaching.
- Scale our subscriber base from Meta, TikTok, Snap, as well as other paid social media channels via paid advertising
- Create a robust test framework and queue to optimize our spend and performance to improve LTV/CAC ratios.
- Utilize a data-driven methodology, analysis, and measurement to improve effectiveness and efficiency of our app acquisition initiatives
- Oversee campaign management and reporting, including in-depth analytics of LTV, CPA, ROI, and incrementality
- Collaborate with our organic social team to cross-share creative learnings and collaborate with Pricing team to test and learn new create strategies and offers to scale subscriptions.
- Have a passion for innovation, as well as tenacity for owning the end-to-end mobile app customer acquisition funnel, collaborating across multiple functions and driving business results for both the short and long term
- Partner with internal teams to optimize campaign performance; e.g. Creative, BI, Digital Product, etc.—(targeting, optimization, creative direction, etc.)
- Collaborate with Data Science to develop tooling, automation, and new measurement methodologies, improve measurement rigor, and optimize performance
- Obsessed with growth while not being afraid to get your hands dirty
- Persistent and have bias-to-action with a track record of performance. Interest in other growth/performance marketing channels is a plus
- Excellent grasp of paid social campaign development, execution, and optimization – ideally spanning multiple verticals and objectives
- Able to build, lead, empower, and inspire a team of direct reports to do the best work of their lives, resulting in a world-class high performing team
- A natural hustler with a contagious “can-do” attitude who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Responsible and love owning projects from start to finish
- Confidence in communicating across the organization, with cross-functional stakeholders, and to executive leadership
- An expert with consumer app marketing activities and associated engagement metrics
- Proactive and enjoy coming up with new ideas and can explain your rationale
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data to optimize day-to-day performance and run split testing campaigns.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record and/or proven relevant experience in a performance marketing or highly commercial role.
- 11+ years of experience directly managing acquisition campaigns at $100M+ annual budget client or agency side
- Expert level knowledge of paid social marketing and in platform expertise
- Deep understanding of paid social and auction based ad technology platforms such as Smartly, Kenshoo, Marin and Sprinklr
- Strong understanding of advertising and auction dynamics
- Experience working with online ad platforms like Apple Ads, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Snapchat Business Manager, TikTok Ads Manager etc.
- Solid understanding of testing approaches including A/B tests as well as incrementality tests
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV)
- Experience with subscription products, LTV and multi-touch attribution a plus
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, and company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO and parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, and Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, and LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program